General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New bike owner

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 04:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New bike owner

Hey guys,
So I bought a 1995 honda cbr600f3 the other week. It's my first bike and it was in kinda sorta poor condition when I got it (sat for a year) and I figured this would be a good opportunity to learn about bikes and have something that I could appreciate after I fixed it all up.
Anyways, first thing I wanted to ask was where I could buy a Fuel Petcock Shut-off Valve. I've been looking online and I can't seem to find one anywhere, besides Amazon but they don't have it anymore.
Next thing, on the front of the evap canister there's a long tube that comes off of that but wasn't connected to anything. I don't know if it goes to the gas tank or what because it was really long and just tucked up towards the front of the bike, and I feel really really dumb for asking, but I just wanted to be sure because I've never messed with bikes before.
And that's about it, thanks in advance for all the help.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:22 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Grats on the new bike.

You will get better responses on the F3-specific questions down in the F3 section. As far as the questions about the evap canister connections - download the honda manual for the bike here - if you have a evap canister, then you have the California-model bike with all of the emissions junk on it. Be patient w/questions, cause most owners have the 49-state bike and don't have that stuff on their F3 for reference.

download the manual here: http://www.stephygee.com/F3manual.zip