General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Idling Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 06:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idling Problem

on my 06 600rr i went out to start it up and i havent started it for a few days cuz its been kinda chilly..and when i started it it was idling real high like around 3-4rpms..not like it does normally..so i gave it some gas and it reved up really high and took for a sec to calm back down..so i tried to adjust the idller and didnt notice a differnce in either direction..so i rode it for a sec and it was riding normally..but when i come to a stop it barellys stays on..and cuts off somtimes..so i think i adjused the idle to far down..but i tried to re adjust it and it doesnt do ne thing..i can tell that it came unpluged or somthing..does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix it? thanks

Old 10-29-2008, 06:50 PM
Default RE: Idling Problem

When you first turn it on it should idle high for 10-20sec. Your idle should be set around 1100-1300rpm. Reving it up "really high" is not good, nor do you need to rev it to make it idle it will go to idle on its own.What came unpluged?

Old 10-29-2008, 07:56 PM

it will idle high at intial startup like already said until it warms up. When the bike is warming up, the fast idle or (enrichener) curcuit takes over so your idle adjust wouldnt have any effect on it until it warms up.

As far as the idle adjuster coming unplugged, I'm not sure. I dont know if you turn it too far one if it will snap off or not, but that may be what happened.

thats the one thing you will learn is dont make any adjustments on anything until the bike is at operating temperature.

Old 10-29-2008, 11:00 PM

yea i think i might have turned it to far..cuz once the bike got to normaly temp it was idling extremly low..it barely wants to stay on

and when i first started it i didnt rev it hard..i ment that when i reved it..and let of the gas the rpms kinda went up a little and slow rent down..kinda like i was still givin it gas...but i think i might have un twisted it cuz usually when i start it up it idles normally and the other day it was idling like crazy so i didnt let it warm up and just went to adjustin the idle..but i dint notice a difference..until it was warmed up..so i ****ed up lol...but im pretty sure i untwisted it cuz it doesnt feel tight

and by the way tomp..thas exactly what my cbr looks like mad props lol

Old 10-30-2008, 01:27 AM

ORIGINAL: six00RR

and by the way tomp..thas exactly what my cbr looks like mad props lol
05-06 are the best looking 600RR's

Old 11-01-2008, 11:25 AM

[sm=icon_ladiesman.gif]hahah

so does anyone know how to fix the idler?? id rather do it myself then take it to a shop..money is tight lol

Old 11-01-2008, 05:09 PM

You'll probably need to remove the tank cover and pull the tank back, to get good access.Thethrottle stop screwshould screw back into it.

Old 11-02-2008, 07:44 PM

hmm..ok i know this might sounds stupid but when i left the tank up..do i need to drain the gas first? and other than removing the tank is this a fairly easy thing to fix?

Old 11-02-2008, 08:44 PM

You dont have to remove the fuel from the tank. I think your bike has an internal fuel pump, so when you disconnect the fuel line, you will have a little bit of fuel come out, but it will only be the amount that is in the line. The fuel pump prevents fuel from comming out. If there is an external pump, there will be a shut off valve once you lift the tank. Unbolt the tank, the front and rear bolts.. then lift the front of the tank and allow the rear part of the tank to rest on the bike. there is a small cradle there so you can have the tank elevated while you disconnect the lines.

You may not have to disconnect the lines though. Just lifting it up may be enough to gain the access you need.

If you unscrewed the idle adjuster. you may only have to put slight pressure on it and turn it clockwise. If it is indeed broken, you will probably have to replace it.

Old 11-02-2008, 08:56 PM

sounds easy enough..and impretty sure i just unscrewed it..i hope i dint brake it..but ima start working on it tom and see wat happens lol