General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Honda factory extended warranty.

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 11:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda factory extended warranty.

Correct me if I am wrong but for the Honda factory extended warranty's to remain good you have to get the first service at a Honda certified shop, right? I cringe at the thought of not doing my own work but if its just this once I can deal with it...

Old 09-22-2009, 01:19 AM

I don't think thats true. If it were, they could charge what ever they wanted for that service. Im pretty sure thats why they are not allowed to tell you that it is required to have a service done. If the service is done for free, I think they can make you, but if it cost you money, they can't force you to. I had the 5 year extended warranty on my 04 and did all my own maintainance and had warranty things done to it.

Just in case Im wrong, ( which seems I have been a lot lately), I would call the dealership and find out for sure.

Old 09-22-2009, 07:11 AM

I am sure the stealership will tell me that they have to do it seeing as how the one I bought it from was how I was lead to believe I had to take it there. But what you said sounds solid. Ill have to give them a call.