General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

01 CBR F4i HELP??

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 11:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 CBR F4i HELP??

Having issues getting my 2001 CBR 600 F4i to run and im hoping someone can help me out. Just replaced the kill switch and put in a new battery yesterday and the bike started fine and ran for about 5 minutes just warming it up and then it just died. Tried starting it back up and it turns over but won't start. Also the headlight won't come on now. I checked all the fuses and none were blown and the cluster says the headlight is on but the headlights don't come on. I can hear the fuel pump engage and the power commander turns on. A friend told me that the new kill switch I installed could be the wrong one possible for a different year bike? I orded it a Honda dealership and it looked like the right one. It works as far as turning the bike over but one thing I noticed is when you plug the kill switch in all the way it doesn't work but if you plug it in kinda loose it does work.. Wouldn't make sense to me if the new kill switch was the wrong part or if it was bad that it would even turn the bike over..

Last edited by danielf82; 09-21-2009 at 11:20 AM.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:59 PM

Now I can get the bike to run after disconnecting and few wires and reconnecting them but still can't get the headlights to turn on.. Anyone have any ideas why they won't turn on?

Old 09-21-2009, 09:01 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like you introduced a short into the system. Go back over everything you touched (or even glanced at), check your connections. Also check the fuses to make sure one didn't blow in the process

Old 09-21-2009, 10:30 PM
October 2011 ROTM

Sounds like you might have a bad sub harness. Its going to take some time but get it running and wiggling wire by wire and find out what wire/connection is bad.

Old 09-22-2009, 09:01 AM

Thanks for the help.... After I got home from work I worked on the bike and it ended up being one of the connections on the main wiring harness. I just unplugged it and replugged it back in and the headlights kicked on..