Pay for the extended warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 12:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pay for the extended warranty?

Hey, i'm buying a new '07 600rr this week and want to know what your opinions are on the extended warranty. Do all of you go with the extended warranty? Has anyone actually had mechanical problems beyond the 1st year included warranty and needed the extra years? Last but not least, does $660 sound reasonable for the price of the extra 4 yrs? Thanks.

Old 10-14-2007, 01:07 PM
Default RE: Pay for the extended warranty?

what ! your getting 4 extra years !? hell yea i would buy it .. i bought one .. i have 3 years of coveage . but i put alot of miles on my bike to . i have put 6200 miles on my bike in 3-4 months ! . i also got the mantinice plan .. saves me money on the long run . and i have paper for all the work done so no one can tell me it was abuse to the bike if somthing brakes on it . for 4 extra years .. i would say yea .. and for 660 bucks . i payed 500 for mine and i only got 2 extra years

Old 10-14-2007, 01:30 PM

Nope didn't buy the extra Warranty. Honda's are very reliable. I don't ride it everyday though. I can see this is where the dealership makes there money. They kept offering it and lowering the price each time. This is my third CBR and never an issue with them breaking down. Just my opinion.

M
ORIGINAL: Manowar Vin

Hey, i'm buying a new '07 600rr this week and want to know what your opinions are on the extended warranty. Do all of you go with the extended warranty? Has anyone actually had mechanical problems beyond the 1st year included warranty and needed the extra years? Last but not least, does $660 sound reasonable for the price of the extra 4 yrs? Thanks.

Old 10-14-2007, 01:36 PM

thats what im thinking, its where the dealerships make their money. I even brought that up to the salesman. Told him how reliable hondas were. I would think if you buy a lemon the problems would arise in the 1st year right? It's covered by the included warranty for the 1st year. I'd like to see some more opinions.

Old 10-14-2007, 01:42 PM

One more thing... I went online and found nearby dealers that were selling the '07 600RR for a lot less than the place I was looking. Took the ad in, and they matched the price. I think they thought they could make-up the difference on the Extended Warranty. I didn't fall for it. I got a great deal this way. If something does go bad after a year, I still have that money I saved.

Old 10-14-2007, 02:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Personally, I would never pay for it. These things are so reliable that the chances of a serious issue coming up are pretty slim. Mine just happened to come with a transferable 5 year warranty from the original owner that is good until 2011, but I would not have paid for it.

Old 10-14-2007, 06:24 PM

I purchased the extended coverage for my '05 when I bought it brand new. I mean, yeah, these things are VERY reliable but you never know what could happen. Besides, it's "$700", that's not an "arm n a leg".

Old 10-14-2007, 10:00 PM

Not a bad deal .I payed 430.00 for my extra 4 years.. As far as reliable yep our bikes are..BUT anything can happen esp with electronics,wiring,engine..Seen it happen .. I think of the extend warrenty as piece of mind..
Example electonics on our bikes are like light bulbs in your house..It may work forever or blow as soon as you turn it on...

As far as records i keep a folder on my bike and everything i do.So if there is a issue i have everything there to show the dealer.

Old 10-14-2007, 10:07 PM

I figure, if something bad is going to happen like that... it will be in the first year. Which is Warranted. Anyway, everyone has their own piece of mind. Mine is that I didn't pay for it. :-)
ORIGINAL: white99gt

Not a bad deal .I payed 430.00 for my extra 4 years.. As far as reliable yep our bikes are..BUT anything can happen esp with electronics,wiring,engine..Seen it happen .. I think of the extend warrenty as piece of mind..
Example electonics on our bikes are like light bulbs in your house..It may work forever or blow as soon as you turn it on...

As far as records i keep a folder on my bike and everything i do.So if there is a issue i have everything there to show the dealer.

Old 10-14-2007, 10:12 PM

Does a PC3 and Slip-on void the extendwarranty? .. BTW I paid 680.00 for my extended 4 years. I ride mine alot and pretty hard so I figured thats a small price to pay to protect her.

Quick Reply: Pay for the extended warranty?