General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi I want to take my exhaust off my cbr 600 f4

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 08:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi I want to take my exhaust off my cbr 600 f4

I've had it off and I like the sound and the look of it but it don't wanna run right it's got stage 3 jets in it also how can I get it to run right it don't back fire or anything like that it runs good for a few days then it just acts up almost like it stalls give it a few min and it starts back up

Old 01-30-2017, 09:10 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Stage III jet kit means nothing.

What slow jet?
What main jet?
What mixture screw position?
What air needle?
What air needle position?
What float height?

You'll need to take it to someone that knows their carb tuning.... You can tell a lot by how the bike behaves and checking plugs. But it's all in the tuning.

But if you're going for looks and sound, you can get mini mufflers that have baffles in them, look cleaner than the midepipe joint, and sound better, and are easier to tune. You can even make your own by going to the auto parts store and grabbing an exhaust tip, baffle and fiberglass...

I'm all about modifying a bike, but please. Don't be that guy who rips off the end can and thinks you're done. Do it right

Last edited by Conrice; 01-30-2017 at 09:13 PM.
Old 01-31-2017, 10:13 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

+1
Proper tuning for open pipes. Taking the pipes off would require a carb sync.

You may not be able to get it fully street-able with open pipes. For slow speed in traffic, you need low end torque. That's provided with back pressure. On the track where slow riding is unheard of back pressure is not needed. On the track where an open throttle is used, you want to dump expanded spend gasses quickly to make room for more. On the track, if tuned properly, you benefit from an open exhaust.

You may like the sound of it when its open but get use to a jumpy surging bike. Without the back pressure, you won't get a smooth ride unless you are pulling.

Welcome to the forum Brandon.