General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!! Fairing removal/flushmount install

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 11:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!! Fairing removal/flushmount install

I have a 06 600RR that I have just bought some flushmounts and integrated taillights for. The rear tail was a breeze, however Im struggling with the flushmount install. I guess my first question is, is it possible and/or is it easy to install these without removal of the front fairing?? If i do have to remove the front fairing, is there any secret to it that makes it easier? Secondly, Im also removing my mid and lower fairing to do my 600mile oil change, but im having a problem removing the plastic "snaps/screw" like things that hold the fairings together. Is there some special trick to gettin these off? or perhaps a special tool to aid in that? FYI I did read in the owners manual before posting here, and the technique described in there is providing little success for my removal of these devil spawns.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-10-2006, 11:30 AM
Default RE: HELP!! Fairing removal/flushmount install

haha...yeah it should be easy to take them "devil spawns"...if im correct its those black plastic ones wit the screw in the middle...just unscrew it half way n pull...it comes right off...i thinks those are the ones you're talkin about...but yeah i only removed the middle and lower fairings to install mine...but its really difficult to reach...i was too lazy to take off the whole front...also i think there is another post in here somewhere thats more in detail...try searching it...

Old 09-10-2006, 12:28 PM

Thanks for the input.

I dont suppose anyone has a quick how-to on the flush mounts before i get home from work to attempt this?

Old 09-11-2006, 01:40 AM

Update:

It took me the better part of 6 hours and 2 trips to the hardwares store but I got everything worked out. Flashers work at normal speeds both front and back, fairings off and on with no real hickups besides the devil spawns(those things are sooooo easy to strip), and oil changed. All and all one of the most satisfiying sundays I have ever had.

Old 09-11-2006, 03:28 AM

yeah well i had a hell of a time with the ones on the top fairing that you push in..finally got it out...and brother steped on it..broke into like 6 pieces...its special order too..pretty gay. yeah for oil changes i take the right side fairing off.. and for the front turn signals i kinda undid some of the screws under the ram air. seemed to help alil. after the first time i took it off i was like wow that was hard...i have probably taking all the fairings off about 10 times already. so it gets easy after a few times.

Old 09-11-2006, 10:39 AM

F4i in my case. Removed my side fairings and looked threw the front of the bike to see the blinker bolts.