General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

good chain lube?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 06:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean80
yeah its just surface rust from it sitting... i might have put 3 miles on the bike since i got it yesterday lol.. im in sc so once its past 12 pm... its 100 degrees and no fun on a bike. i plan on replacing it asap just cause....really general principle... bike looks like it lived outside .... so thats where the rust came from...by far nothing Too terribly bad but when i can afford it (after a decent helmet) itll be chain then tune up.... this is my first bike... i friggin LOVE this thing! i cant believe i waited so long to get one ... at least it was worth the wait and put me on a nicer bike now than what 2000 bucks woulda bought me in 1998... that and im hoping my age will kepe me on a safer side than it would have when i was 18.. (30 now)
Don't sweat summertime riding.

When affordable to you, pick up a 2 piece set of perforated leathers. When at a standstill you and the bike will both be hot, but anytime you're riding fast enough to keep your bike cool, you'll be cool too (over 20mph or so).

I went through Death Valley in May 06 and while it felt like an over, It was totally fine. Wearing just a polyester sports shirt under your leather will be perfect. The more you sweat the cooler you become.

Summer should be the funnest season to ride. IF you don't ride in the summer winter is too cold, then half a year or less to ride isn't as fun as year round. Oh yeah, the same leather suit will keep you warm in the winter, just don't ride in snow. Although, you'll want to replace the polyester shirt with something better or use more layers.