General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

death wobble

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 08:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: death wobble

ORIGINAL: SpiritRR

Smart? No.
I would be inclined to disagree with you. Because you like to thumb through your thesaurus before you post? No. Because you post with such eloquent cynicism? Yes. Cynicism of this magnitude is usually only reserved for smart people. "Formally educated"or not, I would be willing to bet your aptitude is rather phenomenal...but that's just a guess.

On a side note, I'ma bit worried as you were so quick to call me a homo (or it was at the least implied) and in your most previous recent post you threw around the word "dick" like you were quite enjoying it. Is there something you're not telling us?

Perhaps there is some underlyingetiology for this sort of behavior on your part?

Why don't you just come on out of the closet...I'm sure no one will really mind.

Ok...now to get back on topic...

Old 10-26-2007, 09:02 PM

Mexpipe I hope you did not take what I said the wrong way. I did not want to say you can't ride. I was trying to say what ? ? ? said he just got in to more detail,high speed rt. hand turns are harderlike he said. So I do not wantyou to think we are all a bunch of tools that crap on the newerridders out here.Everyone lears new things every day I have been ridding for over 20 years and I still pick up a lot of tips.

Old 10-27-2007, 02:09 PM

If you have an owners manual then you can set up the front suspension to make sure both forks have the same compression, rebound , and dampening but keep in mind that the writing on the top of the fork legs won't necessary line up on both legs the same.
When my 04 1000rr was right from the dealer the writing on the top of the fork legs looked the same (Both from left to right and on the top) but after I counted the clicks out from one extreme end, as directed in my owners manual and service manual, I found the the writing on top of the forks were not the same. As a matter of fact the left fork had writing that was upside down and the one on the right was sideways.I had to be very careful because I kept losing count of the clicks since you need like 9 clicks from one extreme to get to the center adjustment (Read your manual). I set both fork legs rebound, preload, and compression at the midpoint until I was able to test the ride quality. Then I softened the suspension (all 3 settings) until I got the ride quality I felt was good for the mix of driving I did. Even preload was done by trial and error. I just tried to measure from a place on the bike that would change when I sat on the bike. My preload is probably not set up exactly correct but it seems to work for my riding.
If you have a track near you,you may be able to find someone to help you set up your bike. Just call and see if they have someone they recommend or stop by some time when they have a session going.
The best bet is to stop at your dealer and they can test ride it and tell you if something is really wrong or if it is rider error.

Old 10-28-2007, 01:00 PM

well the bike is back from the dealer and they said that one of the forks was off but not to cause really big problems
there is no track near me but I am looking forward to going to Dallas and getting the bike dialed in on the suspension side