General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

death wobble

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 04:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default death wobble

Hey what’s going on
I need some advice
I just purchased a 07 cbr 1000rr and I love it but a few days ago I started to encounter a wobble on my right turns (at about half way lean) I have no idea what this isI thought it wasn’t something to serious butI just saw a video of a guy eating it with something like this.
I am thinking of a speed wobble but like I said the bike is new it has 2500 miles
Could it be something I am doing or should I take it back to the dealer?
Thanks

Old 10-23-2007, 06:32 PM
Default RE: death wobble

It never happens in a straight line or while accelerating hard? Only when cornering?

btw, if that's you in the picture of your Avatar, and you're have this problem, and that's how you ride daily... gear up dude. it's one thing loosing skin because of something you did, it's anouther when it wasn't even your fault due to mechanical malfunction. at least one you can learn from, the other just happens.

hands hit first 80% of the time
Arms follow
Hips hit first 60% of the time
Legs follow
Elbows too.

A good jacket and some leather gloves is what you need. shouldn't cost more that $150.

Old 10-23-2007, 07:08 PM

And brush your teeth like mommy jerkpants said, clean up your room and make your bed, mmmmkay? Shouldn't take more than 15 minutes. Then take your bike back to the dealer and tell them exactly what's happening, which it should not be. I'm assuming they'll check your tires first so beat them to it and check the air pressure and make sure the little arrows on the wheel, tire, and brake disc are all pointing toward the forward direction of travel--there seems to be some trouble with this lately.

Old 10-23-2007, 07:45 PM

ORIGINAL: SpiritRR

And brush your teeth like mommy jerkpants said, clean up your room and make your bed, mmmmkay?
well *** you too, mmmmkay?

Old 10-23-2007, 07:53 PM

No thanks, I already put it in your boyfriend, and he said you're just a two-minute stroker that hangs out in General Tech like a vulture with nary a bit of friendly advice or precise information. Thanks again, though!

Old 10-23-2007, 08:01 PM

ORIGINAL: SpiritRR

No thanks, I already put it in your boyfriend, and he said you're just a two-minute stroker that hangs out in General Tech like a vulture with nary a bit of friendly advice or precise information. Thanks again, though!
I've only seen you reply twice and i don't like you. i don't hang out here. I subscribe to a handful of sections on CBRF. New topics come to my inbox. He hasn't given us enough information to properly diagnose anything yet. Telling him something is taking a stab in the dark at best. It's important to know exactly when this happens and under what situations. otherwise you're just guessing.

so for the benefit of the OP, shut the hell up.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:13 PM

Yes, I have seen how much you care about the 'benefit of the original poster'.
https://cbrforum.com/m.asp?m=414944&...age=1&key=

Old 10-23-2007, 08:16 PM

That was for his benefit. Did i not suggest that bleeding the brakes was the correct step to take? I don't do friendly with stupid.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:21 PM

I say take it to the dealer and see if they can replicate the problem. While you are at the dealer, take Knight's advice and look into those gloves and stuff. You invested in a nice bike; invest in yourself and your well being.

Now KS and Spirit, you are both good, smart members and KS is right about the gear thing. I'm not saying that it was the topic to address the gear, but he's just trying to pass on the advice in the hope that someone will listen and save their skin. It has worked here before. We've had people realize that helmets are needed and saved lives. He's not always the nicest, but I understand how tiresome stupidity can become.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:30 PM

You're right Six, but inexperience does not equal stupidity, and denigrating someone for their lack of knowledge just makes them upset, it doesn't encourage them to do better. Put a little sugar on a reply before you ram it up their *** and tell them they'll just **** it up.

Quick Reply: death wobble