General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

death wobble

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 11:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: death wobble

Always pissed and looking for a carcass.

Kind of like that high school bully who only hangs around the middle school playground, waiting to pick on a third grade straggler, push her down and scream how aggravating little twerps like her are for being so stupid.

Old 10-25-2007, 03:02 AM

ORIGINAL: knightslugger

It never happens in a straight line or while accelerating hard? Only when cornering?

btw, if that's you in the picture of your Avatar, and you're have this problem, and that's how you ride daily... gear up dude. it's one thing loosing skin because of something you did, it's anouther when it wasn't even your fault due to mechanical malfunction. at least one you can learn from, the other just happens.

hands hit first 80% of the time
Arms follow
Hips hit first 60% of the time
Legs follow
Elbows too.

A good jacket and some leather gloves is what you need. shouldn't cost more that $150.
I obviously don't want to pick sides here, and should just sit on the fence........ but as my signature suggets!

I'm really not sure how much more KS should have treated this response with "kid gloves" As far as I'm concerned The highlighted parts are the important parts here. "BTW", could have just as easily been "hey jack@$$!", gear up dude.... gear up dummy, then the message ends with some stats to back it up. From what I see no offence should be taken from this response, and if offence was taken, don't worrie, your skin will be alot thicker once you graduate high school.

In SpiritRR's defence, I too have noticed that some responses on the forum as of late, could easily put someone off from requesting advice/help from senior riders, in fear of being belittled. (not singling anyone out)

It's a fine line typing / reading these messages, without emotion. A word of advice to everyone, emoticons can help express the context that the message was written in, and how it should be taken / read.

I work as a manager in an industry where we live via email, to the degree that I have two company email's one postional, and one personal, that recieve the "monday morning quarterbacking" to the tune of at least15-20 "please explains" asking why and pointing fingers. If you don't send your reply written correctly, and over emphasizing any area that could be misconstrued, you will end up in the pissing match that we have all just witnessed.

Just something for everyone to keep in mind

Old 10-25-2007, 12:04 PM
Banned

I will make sure I word my questions better next time and change my avatar
And don't forget to floss or else you and I got big prblems!

let us know what the dealer says, good luck.

Old 10-25-2007, 12:14 PM

You're looking good spirit. I think that should be your new avatar. Good luck... with the carcasses and everything.....

Old 10-25-2007, 04:20 PM

well this is my first street bike (rode dirt before) and I don’t know much about the common problems and such.
So my question was in thought that it might be something simple that happens to all often.
I will inform of the results from the dealer when I know

Old 10-25-2007, 06:06 PM

ORIGINAL: mexpipe

well this is my first street bike
Ah-ha!

Old 10-25-2007, 08:51 PM

hands hit first 80% of the time and hips hit first 60%?
I'm no math professor. [>:]

Old 10-25-2007, 09:31 PM

ORIGINAL: knightslugger

ORIGINAL: mexpipe

well this is my first street bike
Ah-ha!
Exactly what I was thinking...

Old 10-25-2007, 10:17 PM

Ah-hah, what? What difference does it make? You just proved that you do equate inexperience with stupidity. You don't do nice with stupid, you don't do nice at all. What you cannot do, is resist raking your beak across anyone that's less than thou, which is, without exception, all comers. Each and every one of your feral replies is caustic, demeaning, and barely veiled as a finger in the air '**** you'. Why it is that sixhundeadrr and HomoSTDfan26 want to ingratiate themselves onto your buzzard's branch is beyond me, unless their oxy scrips are out and kicking grade-schoolers while they're down is the quickest way to spur their mewling asses high again. Get down off your **** importance post, nightslug, it's aggravating and stupid--your two most favorite things.

Old 10-25-2007, 11:23 PM

Whoa, settle down boys; arguing over who pi$$es the furthest on someone else's post while ignoring completely the original topic of the post is the quickest way to turn somebody off from participating in the forum again. (it is the equivalent of conspicuously ignoring someone when theyre trying to talk to you)

Mex: Hopefully the dealer can help you. but if htey can't find anything wrong with the bike, consider that you might be subconciously chopping hte throttle when making the turn (since you said that it happens only on right hand turns) Right hand turns tend to be a little more problematic because you are controlling both the turning (if you use the push to countersteer techniqueon the bars to turn) and the throttle with the same hand.
Also psicologically your throttle hand is closer to the ground, and that causes some people to become uncomfortable, and unstable on their throttle application.

I'd reccomend taking hte MSF course, and practicing leaning/ turning on a big open parking lot so you can determine if there is anything you are doing to upset hte bike that is causing the wobble.

Quick Reply: death wobble