General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this a crazy gear ratio I think I may have got a little carried away

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 10:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a crazy gear ratio I think I may have got a little carried away

Alright I have a 1996 Honda CBR F3 whitch I really love and for some reason it's not getting the front wheel off the ground anymore I realized that it was the gas air fuel mixture I think after I replaced everything I got fed up though and I may have made a mistake but I replace the chain front and rear sprocket I ordered have not used or put in yet but ordered 13 teeth in the front and 45 teeth in the back is this crazy any opinions also the reason my fuel-air was off because I'm stupid and I cut my pipe down into a shorty so maybe run something I got to figure it out whether or not or not and how to adjust it I'm in the midst of fabricating a pilot wrench with grinder and a old flat head bit
If anybody can give me some advice on tuning my air fuel mixture what do you think if I cut the pipe down to roll out its back fine cutting down on the power ban I don't know where it's at on that it sounds good when I'm not on the Bible when when there's a load on it you lose power
Thanks

Old 11-11-2017, 09:09 PM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I can't quite understand everything you are saying but whats the stock gearing for F3? 15/43 ? The rear is alright but you probably dont wanna go lower than 13 for the front it will wear fast. I think 1 tooth in the front is worth 2~3 on the back.

Old 03-29-2018, 06:37 AM
Default Nooooo

No far far too low! I run a 14 tooth front and a 44 tooth rear with a 108 link 525 chain. Best ratio unless your thinking of track days. Any higher say a 15 front ( which I tried) it wouldn’t pull! So my setup is 148mph flat out , quick off line and economical.

Originally Posted by Allanglesbryan
Alright I have a 1996 Honda CBR F3 whitch I really love and for some reason it's not getting the front wheel off the ground anymore I realized that it was the gas air fuel mixture I think after I replaced everything I got fed up though and I may have made a mistake but I replace the chain front and rear sprocket I ordered have not used or put in yet but ordered 13 teeth in the front and 45 teeth in the back is this crazy any opinions also the reason my fuel-air was off because I'm stupid and I cut my pipe down into a shorty so maybe run something I got to figure it out whether or not or not and how to adjust it I'm in the midst of fabricating a pilot wrench with grinder and a old flat head bit
If anybody can give me some advice on tuning my air fuel mixture what do you think if I cut the pipe down to roll out its back fine cutting down on the power ban I don't know where it's at on that it sounds good when I'm not on the Bible when when there's a load on it you lose power
Thanks

Old 03-29-2018, 06:40 AM
Default Nooooo

No far far too low! I run a 14 tooth front and a 44 tooth rear with a 108 link 525 chain. Best ratio unless your thinking of track days. Any higher say a 15 front ( which I tried) it wouldn’t pull! So my setup is 148mph flat out , quick off line and economical.

Also I cut and totally de baffled my micron can, it sounds mint and tops out peak power around 11 thou rather than the 10 rpm.
chop that can in half!! You won’t regret it reckon I gained 4-5 Nhs doing just this!

Originally Posted by Allanglesbryan
Thanks