General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i think i may have to sell the bike if this doesnt get fixed

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 12:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i think i may have to sell the bike if this doesnt get fixed

whats up guys. back in september i tried to adjust my ape cam chain tensioner in my 00 cbr 600 f4 and i ended up getting it adjusted right, bike ran smooth. later on i thought that i would fine tune the adjustment but like an idiot i backed the tensioner bolt almost all the way out then turned it back to tighten. ever since that point it has ran rough. i kept test riding it and readjustingtensioner back and forth riding long distances sometimes but i still couldnt get it right. it always felt like something was grinding in the motor. engine is very buzzy and it sounds busy starting from 4k rpms and up. it is so buzzy that it makes me think that something will be damaged if i take it much higher than that in the rpms. bike fuels great, doesnt skip and the clutch doesnt slip or anything. i took it to shop and got them to take top end of motor off and check valves, readjust cam chain tensioner, chck cam chain and cam sprockets and everything checked out good. they also cleaned spark plugs, installed new battery,and synched carburetors but it still is running like this. i just spent over 450.00 on labor and i am ready to sell the bike now. i took it back to the shop and they are looking at it now. its not me either cause ive been riding for going on 4 yrs now and i know what a bike should feel like. please help guys