General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CBR 600 F3 Quad project.

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 02:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

POW!

got the new solenoid, plugged it in, poured some gas down the carb, hit the starter and tweaked the throttle a little bit and she fired right up. Was music to my ears!

now to stretch the swing arm a couple inches, or come up wih a new nerf bar system to keep my feet from the tires. and to tuck away the wiring. and tear down the road.

Old 03-09-2012, 05:12 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Most Excellent!

Glad it's coming together, Ern

Old 03-11-2012, 03:58 PM

Has anyone ever cut the exhaust and made it hang under the bike? kind light a straight pipe with a muffler. i dont want a big exhaust hangin off the side of the bike, and the way it sits, it comes close to my axle. so i wanna cut and urn it kinda like a buell.

http://www.danddexhaust.com/catalog/img/443-11S.jpg

Think there would be any power difference, valve problems?

Old 03-11-2012, 04:16 PM

Also, how does the speedo work? will it be accurate on my quad? i know if a speed sensor but how does it relay how fast its going. general engine rpm? a force sensor of some type?

And the air flow sensor solenoid, is it important? idk exactly what it does, or if its really needed for my application?

i had another question but cant remember it off hand lol.

Old 03-11-2012, 04:28 PM

I believe it is rpm based (off the ignition firing signal, in the ICU).
The only way it would be accurate is if you use, stock sprockets 15/43 and have stock
wheel circumference on the rear-end. i.e. 17'" rims + OEM tire profile.
I some-how doubt that's where you go. Best bet is try to figure the speed differential with a pace-vehicle.

The air-solenoid is basically an air-based, fuel-enrichment circuit for speeds below 9mph.
It restricts the air to the carbs, thus increasing the fuel-ratio. After 9mph, the ICU
(i believe) sends a signal to divert air-flow through the main-air-box.

Old 03-11-2012, 04:46 PM

okay so, useful but not so much needed? i mean it has ram air intake, i dont think it would need any more air then that, but after starting it and playing with it, even at idle unless i play with the throttle when i give it some gas itll cut out.

im just trying to figure what is needed/ not needed that i have to stuff and hang.

im trying to figure out where exactly the choke cable mounts, i now understand how it works but cant find the mounting spot for it.

Atm im working on replaceing the bearings in my swingarm i have for it, they were seized so working on that, so im gonna do that throw that back togther along wit a chain and try to put her around atfer buttuning up the wiring a bit

Old 03-11-2012, 04:51 PM

and yeah, ill have to pace it out and figure the difference

Old 03-11-2012, 05:05 PM

The choke cable should mount on the right side, at the end of the slider bar for the choke plate.

Ern

Old 03-12-2012, 12:06 AM

Well it appears the screw had broken off in the hole for the choke, so until i tap it out ive rigged it up so i can use it.

Just ordered a gas tank cap, top of my air box, battery holder/box and coolant overflow tank. that should be all i need to make fun this weekend. all parts should be here by friday. so i plan on getting all the wires in place and ready to be tossed togther.

on my gas tank, there are 3 holes... one threaded and 2 smaller ones. ik the 2 small ones go into tubes ( one i assume going to the fuel pump) but idk where the other, or the threaded one goes. i assume the threaded one i a drain, and ill need to plug it?

EDIT: i see that its for a petcock valve, never mindddd.... i feel silly now.

Last edited by Dirtrider009; 03-12-2012 at 12:13 AM.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:51 PM

ok, so i have 2 unaccounted for hoses. both i believe go to the carb? there looks like 2 nipples that come off the back of the carb but im not sure.

i know for a fact that the one hose (center right) of the water pump goes to the carb, but im not sure where. and then the other comes off of the thermo valve? do they both go to the carb? the hose off the pump is long like it goes to the right side of the carb, while the thermo is short and aimed at the left side of the carb?

Quick Reply: CBR 600 F3 Quad project.