General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CBR 600 F3 Quad project.

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 01:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool Cool thanks, now im just waiting for the rectifier to come in the mail. be ablout a week sadly, so untill then im gonna stretch the swing arm a couple of inches, and fab up a nerf bar system to keep my feet from the wheels haha.

as it sits no, the pedal assembly sits alongside the tire, one slip and my foots in alot of trouble.

Old 02-05-2012, 05:27 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd mount some floor boards and at least some expanded metal for fenders on the
rear. Using the kick-stand switch for an over-board kill, occured to me as well, but
some-one already mentioned that. And I think you have to wire the guages for the cdi
to start the fuel-pump. It came up in another post, where the dude was using an F3
engine for a circle-tracker.

Ern

Old 02-05-2012, 07:20 PM

Yeah, ive got a few ideas for a nerf bar system, and gonna try to make a kill switch.

I have to make a skid plate across the bottom to protect the exhaust.

and all of the wires are hooked up, guages and all. I think the rectifier is whats stopping me from getting spark.

Old 02-06-2012, 04:42 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP

That last guy on the youtube clip had all the appearance of actually knowing what he's doing.

Tried riding them, just can't get the hang of it, keep putting a foot down to stabilise at low speed, doesn't work.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:19 AM
Default thatsfunny....

my f3 was welded to a quad rear end when i got it,now its back on 2 wheels.your project looks way cooler than what mine used to look like tho.id love to trade you some quad parts for any plastic left over

Last edited by crlydave; 02-10-2012 at 07:25 AM.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:56 PM

sadly i have no plastics for it. it was a wrecked bike when i got it, no plastics were included. =/

im still waiting for my part, its in NY now apparently. im leaving for Colorado tom. be gone for a week and then ill she if she runs =)

Old 02-14-2012, 02:36 AM
Default three wheels

check out the avatar pic..the day i got it

Old 02-21-2012, 02:37 PM

im about 2 weeks behind you in my build... only difference is mine is going in a lawnmower. from what i have read/ learned you shouldnt need a regulator to start it. i could be wrong tho. what you will need is a gauge pod. by the looks of things the gauges control the air solenoid and that makes a huge difference in performance.

i too am waiting on a regulator and also a cdi and coil. we plan to also eliminated all of the wiring harness that we arent using... which is basically the lights

Old 02-21-2012, 07:43 PM

Thats pretty cool looking, im going for all 4 wheels, i thought about 3 but ive had bad luck with 3 wheelers.

Mower sounds pretty bad ***, just make sure you can still hold onto a beer while driving it.

So i put on the regulator, charged the battery, hit the button and...... Click,Click,Click,Click,Click,Click, the relay right off the positive side of the battery with the 30 amp fuse goes nuts, idk if it died in the cold weather while i was gone, or what, but it doesnt crank over at all now. i didnt think about disconnecting the regulator when i was out there, but i will tom when i go back out.

any ideas?

Old 02-22-2012, 01:25 PM

So i guess my solenoid is dead, ill have to find a new one >.>

Quick Reply: CBR 600 F3 Quad project.