General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

blew another f4i motor...

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 10:32 PM
Siggy Maker & All Round Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The way i see it, if you are an experienced stunter (which btw i'm not) you have more skill and reaction time than %70 percent of the the people who they actually let drive legally on public roads. That includes the 80 year old blind ladies and the 16 year old hormone injected teenage girls. I am not saying that this behavior is right. i am just saying that it is the gamble and the rush of turning yourself into
A: acomplete moron by doing these types of acts.
or B: somebody who is willing to risk all that they represent for the rush of a personal experience . ( i do not think that it is B because we are, in fact, having the experience shared with us)

It is a make it or brake it thing which kind of defines the root of motorcycle rebellion.
I see though that there is always a time and a place for everything and if you do not choose the right time/place it's your decision. You might be labeled but you always have your free will. If someone wants to act like a fool or show-off in front of me so be it. If it harms another then the gavel strikes.

I would not doubt that experiences like this would be shared unless the the writer was either: a complete nut ; or knew exactly what he was getting into.

Old 04-24-2009, 03:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Krome
Running straight headers is a bad idea. Thats the easiest way to burn a valve....

Put the rest of your exhaust back on unless you want to put yet another motor in your bike.......

I never understood the straight header thing.
the only reason i wasn't running my pipe was because it was getting painted, and i REAAAALY wanted to practice that night....

and tho it was nice having a REALLY loud pipe...it got annoying after 5 minutes. ohh ya, and not having back pressure sucks *****.

Originally Posted by Hangfire
Pro quarterbacks crash. Ask Ben. Your reaction times don't mean squat. When your going 140 you don't have time to react, nor do the people who aren't accustomed to needing to look for something that small moving that fast before changing lanes right in front of it. There's no defense, the whole, he's good and skilled enough to pull it off defense is total bs. Besides, stunt riding isn't about reflexes, it's balance and learned behavior, overcoming normal human reactions. Not quick reflexes. It's just plain old childish irresponsible behavior that no amount of superman complex can justify. Risk yourself all you want, risking others is just pointless and stupid. If he'd been fleeing down a deserted backroads who cares, a populated freeway? Tool.
i understand where you're coming from.

doing that wheelie on the freeway was retarded...but i do it all the time, and will do it again in the future...although i KNOW it's retarded, and i KNOW there is a chance of a cop seeing me, and i KNOW there is a chance i might have to flee.

as for experience and quick reflexes, endless is right...when you say "stunting is not about reflexes" you are WRONG!

the right saying would be "wheelies aren't about reflexes" but even that's not 100% true.

stunting is a while different game than doing wheelies. don't ever mistake the two.

i'm not gonna go into details (unless you ask)...caz i think it's un-necessary and we're getting carried away.

anyway......running red lights, or hitting blind corners 20mph+ over what you're used to while trying to flee..THAT'S endangering others, now, .going in a straight line @140 through traffic, not very hard, alot of people can do it

...always have an escape route and choose your path wisely

on a side note, i decided not fix the motor, because too many people said the the rod shooting out probably damaged many other parts along the way....i might take it apart myself to see what's going on inside....so anyone local with an f4i motor...hit me up!

Last edited by Dirtytoes; 04-24-2009 at 03:36 PM.