General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

03 600 rr breaks up at 8 grand

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 10:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 600 rr breaks up at 8 grand

new to the rrs its a friends bike . after 8 grand its breaks up bad no ***** . whats the deal with the two sets of injectors ?? i am thinking the fpr but before, he drops 90 bucks i am woundering about the 2nd set of injectors. just changed the plugs. as well and help would be great .. thanks guys

Old 06-13-2011, 02:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have any other information? theres not much to go on. mileage, modifications, when it started to happen..... that sort of thing.

The two sets of injectors are low speed and high speed injectors. the easiest way to describe them is like a 4 barrel carb. The other set is used when the demand increases. If your leaning towards those being bad, you may want to make sure everything else is ok first. Injectors seldom go bad on these bikes and it would be a rare thing to have happen. Not saying its not it, but there is a lot of other things to consider first.

But, before you drop any money, you need to start diagnosis all of the components. Its either fuel starvation or electrical, being ignition or lack of power.

First thing I would do is check the voltage. Take a volt meter at the battery and check the voltage as you increase the rpms. If you see a drop in voltage above 8,000 rpms, you may have a stator issue. the demand on the electical system is pretty high at those rpms, and if the stator is not keeping up, it could cause the ignition to have weak spark.

Check the coils to make sure they are all within spec. A bad coil will usually show signs like your describing.

Check the fuel pressure to see if the pump is working correctly.

Its possible the FPR is bad, but there are ways to test it versus just repacing it. The easiest way is to pull the vacuum line off. If there is gas present, the diaphram has failed and it needs to be replaced. Even if there isn't gas present, it could still be bad, but the most common failure is the diaphram and that is the most common sign it is bad.