General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The 01 F4i issue that no one can figure out. Not even Honda of Tupelo! Hummm

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 11:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol I downloaded the service manual a few hours ago, but thanks anyways!

Ok here is some new hints. I put the gauge cluster back on. When the loss of throttle, or hp happens, the FI light comes on solid for about 2 to 3 seconds and then goes back off. After it goes off the bike returns to normal. If you pull in the clutch while the FI light is on the bike dies. To restart bike you have to turn the throttle a 1/4 to 1/2 throttle, After the bike restarts it idles low, kinda like it trys to catch up until it returns to normal idle. The bike also feels like your braking very very softly at steady speed and going down hill when steady on the throttle or maybe letting out just a little to keep the bike at a constant speed, this is a off and on thing. But no FI light. When the FI came on I hit a bump in the road or hill a bump going down hill. But this does not happen on every bump, usely the bigger ones where the rear tire might slightly leave the ground. I think its confusing something..... I guess. I checked all connections again and started the bike and wiggled all the wires, trying to trip it up...... no luck there. In WOT the bike still preforms how it should.

I checked the ecu because the service manual said to if the bikes FI light blinks 33 times. Being on constant between 2 to 3 seconds equaling 10 blinks a second x 1.3= around 33. The ecu checked out.

Other sensors around this time frame was a 02 sensor and 02 sensor heater. Those are probably not the issue.

Read up on the tp sensor. Said to check the connection if the FI light didnt come on when the ignition is turned on. And it was good.

What do you guys think I need to attack first?

Old 08-15-2010, 11:30 PM

Any one wanna send me a bunch of f4i electrical stuff and ill buy whatever I need to fix it when I figure it out? haha

Old 08-20-2010, 12:55 PM

ive had similar problems in my car when I wasnt running a front o2 sensor and needed a new map sensor. Have you changed or looked at these?

Old 08-23-2010, 02:47 PM

damn dude... i was all pumped to get a fi bike kus my carbs gave me mad trouble earlier this summer but now after reading this it sounds like its ever harder to find the problem when something goes wrong and some seafoam wont do the trick