Forum Help & Suggestion Center Need help with CBR Forum? Ask. Have a suggestion to better CBRF? Tell us here. DO NOT POST QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR BIKE HERE.

Maintenance Log section

Old 07-28-2013, 03:53 PM
Default Maintenance Log section

Hi. Everyone. I just have a comment/suggestion. I know I haven't been here long . I am on some other message boards and all the layouts are different. I am posting this cause I got the idea from vtxoa (one of the boards that I am on). I just bought a VTX about a month ago. Their message board layout is really nice and compact. Take a quick look and you'll see what I mean. That is one of the best boards I have seen. It makes it easy to navigate without a bunch of extra unused or rarely used forums. The most used sections on any board are general and repair. The coolest thing on there is they have a section for maintenance logs where everybody can keep a log on their bike. I thought that was just the coolest thing! (Ahem! moderators.....) thanks

Old 07-28-2013, 10:31 PM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave

Originally Posted by cc rider View Post
The coolest thing on there is they have a section for maintenance logs where everybody can keep a log on their bike. I thought that was just the coolest thing!
I just use MS Word to keep a record of all maintenance with dates, total miles when a particular job was done, a list of any mods done to the bike, etc. Nothing fancy but it does the job.

I keep it and any motorcycle related stuff in a special "Motorcycle" folder on my C: drive.

Old 08-04-2013, 11:23 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon

maintenance logs where everybody can keep a log on their bike.

Ahem, we have over 58000 members. Imagine if everyone posted up every time they did some work on their bike

I can't see it happen here soon, but thanks for the idea.

Old 08-05-2013, 03:56 AM

Lol! Gotcha. But, the thing is not everybody will use it. Hard to tell. Just a suggestion. I thought it was cool.