F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Yet another problem - cruising hesitation

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 04:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yet another problem - cruising hesitation

Sorry for the second problem question in a row guys - I'm new to the CBR world and have little to offer in terms of knowledge. I was having an issue with a clicking sound between 3k-4k which is still there but isn't a giant concern right now. However, yesterday another issue developed.

At first, the bike began hesitating at low RPMs in first and second gear. This has quickly escalated into the bike hesitating at all speeds while "cruising" (not decelerating or accelerating). It doesn't matter what speed it is, if I'm trying to go constant, the bike hesitates and hesitates bad! It seems that the hesitation is worse when the bike is warmed up.

Any idea of what this could be?

Old 04-11-2011, 05:34 PM

Bad fuel? The clicking may be the fuel pump if the sock is plugged. Is there oil in it?

The clicking at a certain RPM could be cam chain tensioner, but given the other problems i would check the fuel and oil first.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:04 PM

Thanks for the post. I just changed the oil out about two weeks ago - all levels are good. I have ran two tanks of fuel through it this year already. When you say fuel pump sock, do you mean the fuel filter or is this something separate. Is the sock something that can be removed and cleaned or does the entire fuel pump need replaced? Also, could this be electrical? I ran it tonight after finding one of my battery terminals to be lose. Every time the bike lost power (hesitated), the light flickered. Even when I had the clutch in, I could still see the light flickering as if it were losing power at times. Thanks again.