F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Yet another problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 07:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by R Dub
Well its a no go on the new RR. The dealer and I just couldn't come to an agreement so now it back to figuring out what then damn rattle is.
It just wasent your time...it may be a blessing in disquise! She'll come around, and when she does..it'll be even that much sweeter..I'm staying patient looking for my pearl white 07...and in the same waiting for my F4i to stop acting so strong...

Old 09-29-2010, 10:31 PM
October 2011 ROTM

Dude if you get a white& silver 07 before i do i'll kill you. That is my dream bike.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:03 AM

Dude if you get a white& silver 07 before i do i'll kill you. That is my dream bike.
Lol. They are EVERYWHERE around here in the valley..just waiting for the right one...gonna powdercoat the rims white too It's only a matter of time...she's gonna be SICK once I'm finished..eye on the prize..eye on the prize

R Dub I'm from Chicago...southwest burbs..Countryside/LaGrange/Burr ridge/Hinsdale area...grew up on the north side (Lakeview) of the city my whole life...just moved to AZ 4 yrs ago...hows the weather treatin ya?

Old 09-30-2010, 08:29 AM
October 2011 ROTM

I live out in Schaumburg. The weather is actually pretty good. Is kinda cool when I leave for work in the mornings but the afternoon ride home is amazing. Hasn't rained a lot so I'm diggin it.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:47 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

I live out in Schaumburg. The weather is actually pretty good. Is kinda cool when I leave for work in the mornings but the afternoon ride home is amazing. Hasn't rained a lot so I'm diggin it.
+1 i think its supposed to be like high of 53 sunday though... brrrr

Old 09-30-2010, 06:29 PM
October 2011 ROTM

So i don't think its the chain or clutch. When im in first and slow down with the clutch out it made the noise. When i would throw it in N and slow down. That's tells me its the tranny. What do you think?

Old 09-30-2010, 09:02 PM

So i don't think its the chain or clutch. When im in first and slow down with the clutch out it made the noise. When i would throw it in N and slow down. That's tells me its the tranny. What do you think?
I really doubt it's the tranny... For one, it would only happen in one maybe two gears. The bike would probably jerk at low RPM's in one or both of the gears that are bad. You will notice more than just a sound if the tranny was bad.

Just for ****s and giggles, how is your gas mileage? Has it went down rencently? Do you smell a strong odor of gas when the bike is running? Is the idle erratic at low RPM's?

Old 10-01-2010, 08:31 AM
October 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by bleheny
Just for ****s and giggles, how is your gas mileage? Has it went down rencently? Do you smell a strong odor of gas when the bike is running? Is the idle erratic at low RPM's?
Gas mileage has gone down a bit. Its averaging at 32 which is not great but its not awful. Sometimes I can smell gas when the bike is running. Yesterday I was sitting at a stop light and smell it pretty bad but for the most part I don't. It idles fine at low RPM. However when it gets warm and I take off from a stop light or sign it acts like it doesn't want to go. It will bog down and I'll have to give it a good wrist full of throttle to get it going.

Old 10-01-2010, 08:31 PM

Gas mileage has gone down a bit. Its averaging at 32 which is not great but its not awful. Sometimes I can smell gas when the bike is running. Yesterday I was sitting at a stop light and smell it pretty bad but for the most part I don't. It idles fine at low RPM. However when it gets warm and I take off from a stop light or sign it acts like it doesn't want to go. It will bog down and I'll have to give it a good wrist full of throttle to get it going.
It could be the FPR (Fuel Pressure Regulator). You have most of the symptoms. To check the FPR, pull the vacuum line off and prime the fuel pump. If fuel comes out of the vacuum line, the FPR is bad. The part is about $56.

Old 10-01-2010, 08:45 PM
October 2011 ROTM

I'll try that tomorrow and let you know. But do you think that has anything to do with the rattle?

Quick Reply: Yet another problem