F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Would a F4i be a good starter?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 04:52 PM
July 2008 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Would a F4i be a good starter?

That's why I don't think it's a good starter for most people. However I can't just flat out say "No, a 600 is completely bad for you or anybody as a starter bike." because it was MY starter bike =)

Old 06-28-2008, 04:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Aken

That's why I don't think it's a good starter for most people. However I can't just flat out say "No, a 600 is completely bad for you or anybody as a starter bike." because it was MY starter bike =)
I started on min-bikes, then a cr100, then a KDX 175, 2 different Shadows, a 88 cane (w/ all the go fast mods, totaled it BTW), and my now 00 F4. So I can say it lol.

Old 06-28-2008, 05:05 PM

I started on a Ninja 250, sold it for what I paid, bought another one a year later, sold it for way more than I paid, bought the F4i over a year later. I took the MSF (in the rain!) a few weeks after getting the Honda. Very glad I did.

Old 06-28-2008, 08:19 PM

Rode a dirt prior to getting a street bike...My first street bike was my f4i...I believe if you have a good head on your shoulders and have prior experience on a motorcycle that a 600 isn't a HORRIBLE choice of bike...Msf course is always a good choice for anyone riding..

Old 06-28-2008, 08:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Mr. Giggles

Rode a dirt prior to getting a street bike...My first street bike was my f4i...I believe if you have a good head on your shoulders and have prior experience on a motorcycle that a 600 isn't a HORRIBLE choice of bike...Msf course is always a good choice for anyone riding..
again, this is 1 in a 100 occurrence lol

Old 06-29-2008, 05:26 AM

yea i had never rode a day in my life (with the exception of taking my brothers 600rr around the block once and not going over 25) and i bought my brand new 06 f4i last june and i rode that first 500 miles like it was a 250 learned the bike alittle andthen we just grew up together and i never had any issues almost dumped it once parking going really slow but i muscled it up and they r heavy andi would say if ur not an idiot go ahead with a 6 but like playful was sayin that is about1 in 100, and jus remember the next time u turn that key on could b your last so it doesnt matter what u get u better respect it and if u get a kawi go to a kawi forum

Old 06-29-2008, 05:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.break.com/index/first-mot...es-poorly.html

It's called clutch control... you don't have it for a long time. The arguement that a 600 if ridden gently is as safe as a smaller bike is kinda thin - because as a new rider you don't know how to ride, let alone how to ride "safely". On a 250 this idiot would have probably stalled it, maybe jerked about a bit, maybe dropped it... but he certainly wouldn't have been able to get going that fast, nor would it get away from him so easily.

Old 06-29-2008, 11:43 AM

ORIGINAL: woot

http://www.break.com/index/first-mot...es-poorly.html

It's called clutch control... you don't have it for a long time. The arguement that a 600 if ridden gently is as safe as a smaller bike is kinda thin - because as a new rider you don't know how to ride, let alone how to ride "safely". On a 250 this idiot would have probably stalled it, maybe jerked about a bit, maybe dropped it... but he certainly wouldn't have been able to get going that fast, nor would it get away from him so easily.
isnt the bike in that vid a 954?

Old 06-30-2008, 09:27 PM

I was in the same boat as you, I've always wanted a F4i and I was set on getting it as my first bike. I saw this video http://www.livevideo.com/video/C0011...-bike-aug.aspx, it kinda hit me I realized that if I really wanted to enjoy the sport of riding I should get a small bike that's more forgiving. I wound up getting a 250Ninja and it was so fun and I wound up respecting bikes more because of their power and their ability to kill me
GL with your purchasing (and the GF thing is a plus

Old 07-15-2008, 09:15 AM

Well I passed the MSF course with flying colors! Now it's time to look for a bike. From what you all say it's 1 in 100 that a person doesn't show off, uses the head on their shoulders and not between their legs, and doesn't go for showing off.........that's me. I know i will be fine if i end up getting an F4i but if i can find a good deal on a 250 that's what i will get for the rest of this season and then next year get the F4i. I do hope i find a better deal on an f4i though.

Quick Reply: Would a F4i be a good starter?