F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Would a F4i be a good starter?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 03:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Would a F4i be a good starter?

ORIGINAL: XXVI

Well I just was thinking over all Id rather have a CBR600rr and the fastest way to get to It would be to learn on that 250R for a season and then upgrade to the CBR600rr. I will be getting the 2008 250r only because my girl Is thinking about learning how to ride as well. ( She wants to see how I do first lol ). Then once I am ready to upgrade I can just give her the 250R and I can move on up to the 600RR.
good plan, had a long reply but... well you know [:@]

Old 06-16-2008, 03:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: smakawhat

Long story short, those bikes will AMPLIFY your mistakes as a new rider 10000 fold. As a new rider you will f'up, none of this, oh I will respect the throttle, I'll just take it easy. That's doesn't wash when a cage comes out of nowhere and you panic and grab a handfull of brake or you suddenly find you hit a pothole and you WACK your throttle.
I-f you do something l-ike that on a Ninja 250 you will have a better chance of recovery. Do it on a supersport as a n-ew rider and you'll be i-n trouble. As an n-ew rider you will make mistakes, PERIOD.

Get a used bike, It's really up to you o-n that note, its the best thing, my first though was bought brand new, luckily I didn't dump it (although came VERY close once w-hile parking) so I don't feel pushy on that note, but it really is the best idea a-nd makes sense. Plus you will save $$$ on insurance a-nd purchase costs of a used bike, even sell it sometimes at the price you bought it when you want to upgrade!!!

Best of luck with your decision....

Old 06-17-2008, 12:29 PM

yeppers those 250's are nice lookn'

Old 06-18-2008, 01:23 PM

had a good response but F this site once again.

Old 06-18-2008, 01:46 PM

have they not fixed it yet????? nothing worse than writing for ever only to have it dissapear[:@]

Old 06-18-2008, 02:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NO
(copy what you type before clicking post - it's saved a lot of my posts already)

Old 06-27-2008, 02:59 PM

So far I got some gear for the MSF course,

Alpinestars Octane S-Moto Leather Gloves
and
Alpinestars SMX-4 Riding Boots.

After the MSF course I will pick up the gear and the bike ( Wonder what I will get ! )

Old 06-28-2008, 04:00 PM

I just got a F4i for my first bike. never even rode a dirt bike before. so...NO ABSOLUTELY NOT.

I listened to my friend and he was wrong.

Old 06-28-2008, 04:31 PM
July 2008 ROTM

My F4i was my first bike, which I purchased AFTER taking the MSF class and getting my endorsement. I had no problems going out on the street and freeway that first night. I was smart and rode only in my comfort zone for a long time. It took me over a year before I started riding more regularly with friends, going a little quicker, practicing more often, etc.. To this day, the bike still scares me at times, and I am far from reaching its potential.

While I don't think a 600 is the best starter bike for most people, they are perfectly fine if you know what you're doing.

Old 06-28-2008, 04:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Aken

My F4i was my first bike, which I purchased AFTER taking the MSF class and getting my endorsement. I had no problems going out on the street and freeway that first night. I was smart and rode only in my comfort zone for a long time. It took me over a year before I started riding more regularly with friends, going a little quicker, practicing more often, etc.. To this day, the bike still scares me at times, and I am far from reaching its potential.

While I don't think a 600 is the best starter bike for most people, they are perfectly fine if you know what you're doing.
As a n00b they know nada tho. If they use the head on thier shoulders n not between their legs, yes its possible. If they use common sense, it is possible. If they dont let peer pressure and ego to drive them to push when they have business doing so, then it is possible. If they actually think b4 acting, then its possible. Now how often do you actually meet people like that? 1 out of a 100 maybe lol. Hence why I never suggest a 600 as a first bike.

Quick Reply: Would a F4i be a good starter?