F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Would a F4i be a good starter?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 01:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Would a F4i be a good starter?

https://cbrforum.com/m_583711/mpage_.../tm.htm#583711

I'm interested in learning - are more experienced riders more likely to say a 600 is a bad bike to start on than younger riders?

Old 06-10-2008, 02:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol I hear that. I have common sense and when I am Interested In something thats all I am about If you know what I mean. I feel extra confident that I could get an F4i and be fine because I am not stupid, I don't want to do wheelies, stoppies, and act stupid for a first time rider. I hear people ask, " Would It be ok to start on a GSXR 750 as my first bike?" I can understand why people get so mad when people come on here and ask for advice. My buddy Is going to let me ride around a parking lot on his bike before the MSF course If he Is not busy with work so I hope that helps.

I just want to RIDE thats It

Old 06-10-2008, 02:16 PM

Tell you what. Find a friend with a bike. Hop on back. Tell him to run it up to speed. Hang on. It'll explain what you can't explain on a forum.

You do not have time on a 600 to undo a mistake (as a beginner). Common sense is fine... but it doesn't give you superhuman cognition.

Old 06-10-2008, 02:23 PM

I will look Into the 250R, It looks pretty sharp for a starter bike I must say. Gas mileage looks really good too so that Is a plus. Also will be much cheaper on Insurance.

Old 06-10-2008, 02:33 PM

The F4i is a good beginner bike for people who wants to get in the bigger class of bikes. But for being new to riding all together I think would be a bad idea. My first bike was a 250 ninja and I broke off turn signals and put scratches all on it so It was a good bike to get experince on and learn to know what to do and what not to do. Now I have had my F4i for a good while now and it still looks and runs like brand new. So I would say start small then you can always work your way up.

Old 06-10-2008, 02:46 PM

ORIGINAL: XXVI

I hate when people say, " At the end of the day I am going to do what I want. "
I guess some people do what they want In the end but I feel If I was going to do that I would not have asked for the advice from you experienced riders. ( Not being mean just saying ).

I would be fine with the 250R If that will make me a better rider for when I get a 600 then that Is what I will do. I have no desire to ever get anything over a 600cc bike. My goal Is to learn to ride, be safe, and then upgrade to either a CBR600rr and or a GSXR 600. I figured that a F4i would be perfect because It wasn't a R bike but I guess not. Thanks for the information and any more Info will be appreciated. Thanks again guys. ( What gear do you suggest not to expensive but realiable? )
Didnt mean to come across as one of those people. Ive just seen a fair amount of people get what they want, they just ask/post to see what the gen opinion is. The new Ninja 250 is sweet if you ask me. Have you ever ridden anything before? Taking the MSF course is amust in my books. I remember seeing this girl, and thinking to myself " omg please get off that bike lol" its not for everyone, certainly not for her. As for gear, id rec getting leather jacket vs Mesh, mesh may be cooler/lighter but by no means will it offer as much protection, i just bought an Icon Daytona, Love it! As said above, get yourself some good riding boots, i have Alpine Stars SMX-4, again Love em! Lids; you dont have to break the bank, but dont skimp out either, i have the Shoei TZR Tempest awesome helmet, paid about $400

Good luck, and be sure to post when you get the bike of choice
D

Old 06-10-2008, 02:47 PM

Well If I start on the 250R and keep It for a season or two then I would plan on getting a 600R and stay there. I have no desire to go higher then a 600cc bike I just want a CBR600RR, or a GSXR 600.

Old 06-10-2008, 07:09 PM

My dad wouldn't have anything of me starting on an I4 600. I started on a moped when I was 14 to ride around on, then he got me a 77 Yamaha SX400 for me to learn on, and I Rode it for 3 years, then I moved up to his CB750F which was fast enough. And I rode all sorts of bikes between that as well. But when I went and test road theF4i I eventually bought, I asked myself what the hell was I doing when the guy gave me the keys to take it for a spin.

I can honestly say you will have no respect for the power these bikes have if you just get on one and think"Oh its not a 1000cc, shouldn't be that fast." It doesn't matter if its an F2 or an RR, the bikes are god damn fast, the sooner you realize that, the better chance you will have avoiding ending up in the obituary section sadly enough. I'm sure most people have flipped through the classifieds in their local paper and seen their share of dead young men who were on crotch rockets.

Old 06-11-2008, 04:18 AM

OOPS - wrong post

Old 06-11-2008, 05:42 AM

how fast can you go on a 250 or 500??

Quick Reply: Would a F4i be a good starter?