F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

WHAT THE EFFIN EF!?!?!! man somebody please help me

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 09:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Remeber if you buy a battery and its not the problem, you can always just return it to the store if you buy it from walmart or some big store.

Old 03-21-2011, 10:07 AM

well i just left advanced, they checked my battery and it said it was good, it just needed to be charged, which im doing right now. all the fuses look good but im about to go double check them....

is there any way to check if its the recifter or stator?

Old 03-21-2011, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by pocfoo
im bringin the battery to advanced auto parts today to get it tested. ill let you guys know what they say. umm i did just put in integrated tails about 2 weeks ago and flush mounts abput a week ago. would it take that long to drain power or mess anything up? the guy i talk to on the phone said if its not the battery it might be the stator... how would i know if its that or the rr? that is if it isnt the batt
To answer your question how you would know if it's the stator or the RR, below is a link that will explain how the charging system works, how to test it and any thing else you may need to know. There is ALOT of good info there that will help you if you go read it. Oh and I wouldn't recommend those cheap batteries from Wal-Mart either, they don't last long or will sulfate and die on you and for about $30 bucks more you can get a Yuasa or other brand name battery from the bike shop that will last.

https://cbrforum.com/forum/general-t...-system-51691/

Old 03-21-2011, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by pocfoo
well i just left advanced, they checked my battery and it said it was good, it just needed to be charged, which im doing right now. all the fuses look good but im about to go double check them....

is there any way to check if its the recifter or stator?
Yes, you can check both by using a multimeter. If you have a service manual it should tell you the proper values that each connection should read. Just unplug the rectifier (I think someone here said it's located around the tail), check each connection from the wiring harness connector, then check each connection on the rectifier itself. Do the same thing for the stator (located on the opposite side of the engine from where the clutch is).

Unfortunately, I can't help with exact numbers on the f4i as I just got mine and don't have a service manual yet. But, I had the rectifier go bad on my old ninja and it was having similar problems with the battery draining after being charged. Hit up ebay and got a working one for $30 bucks, literally a plug and play install and I was good to go. The stator is a litte bit pricier and requires a special tool to remove.

Old 03-21-2011, 12:42 PM

wow i feel like such a ****in retard.... my main wiring harness plugs were loose which i guess was killing the bike when it wiggled the wrong way while riding i guess... well thats what it seems to be for the most part. i plugged it in all the way and rode it around the block a couple of times with no problems...

*crosses fingers*

i hope thats all it was lol

but thanks alot guys, if something goes wrong i deffinately know where to start now. you guys rock