F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

WHAT THE EFFIN EF!?!?!! man somebody please help me

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 05:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check all grounds you can find

Old 03-20-2011, 05:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a bad cell in the battery loosing power. Also could be a parasitic drain take a volt meter and watch it. Watch power when the bike is on to see power readings.

Old 03-20-2011, 06:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok call the dealer and see what drain is exceptiable for a bike to have . take a multi meter and take the power wire off the battery and hook the power to the cable and the ground to the battery and see if you have a drain. cells do go bad in batterys. that could be you issue but before you spend money replacing parts. try and find the problem. dumb question do you have any thing after market on the bike like led lights or such.

if you do find a bad drain start unpluging fuses till the drain stops and there you found the source...

Old 03-20-2011, 10:04 PM

blah, i just tried to ride it again after charging it up to like 80% and it died on me maybe 15 min into the ride... another symptom of a bad battery? i just dont want to go spend money on a new battery if that might not be the problem, you know? but from what you guys are saying, theres a good chance that it is.

thanks for all the input fellas

Old 03-20-2011, 10:56 PM

you could always take the battery out and take it to advance auto parts or auto zone and have them test is for you ...

Old 03-20-2011, 11:07 PM

first off measure the current in amps, then measure the current with the bike off, at idle and again at 5k and tell us what you measured. If i had to guess id say battery, an if no that then the rr would be my next guess

Old 03-21-2011, 07:00 AM

Until you diagnose the charging system you aren't going to know for sure what it is. Simply charging the battery does not tell you the battery is bad, it could be your regulator/rectifier bad and not letting the bike recharge the battery when you ride or your stator could be bad or your battery. It could even be as simple as a wire. If your regulator is bad continuing to just charge the battery and riding it till it quits will ruin your battery too (if it's not already). this is a link to help you try and figure it all out:

https://cbrforum.com/forum/general-t...-system-51691/

Old 03-21-2011, 08:10 AM

i had a parasitic drain from the resistors that were installed for the integrated taillight (the resistors slow down the blinking). i took out the resistors and problem solved. just something to check if you have a clear alternatives LED integrated tail.

Old 03-21-2011, 09:02 AM

im bringin the battery to advanced auto parts today to get it tested. ill let you guys know what they say. umm i did just put in integrated tails about 2 weeks ago and flush mounts abput a week ago. would it take that long to drain power or mess anything up? the guy i talk to on the phone said if its not the battery it might be the stator... how would i know if its that or the rr? that is if it isnt the batt

Old 03-21-2011, 09:12 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

this may sound dumb but check ur fuses....

i had my bike priming and doing everything it was supposed to but it also clicked when i went to turn it over... ended up being a bad fuse...

Quick Reply: WHAT THE EFFIN EF!?!?!! man somebody please help me