F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

WHAT THE EFFIN EF!?!?!! man somebody please help me

Old 03-19-2011, 02:35 PM
Default WHAT THE EFFIN EF!?!?!! man somebody please help me

ok, ill make this short. i was riding and my bike would cut off, and i would jiggle the wiring harness (the one connecting the headlight) and it would start right up again.

someone told me to put some dilect grease or some **** in the harness and it will help out the connection ...

so now i plug it in, the tail lights dont work, headlights and everything else works, fuel pump primes, and then makes a clicking sound and wont turn over. i double checked the wires and everything looks like its in place...

do i need a new harness or is there something less expensive to do? someone help, its a gorgeous saturday and i want to ride!

also, i would do searches but im doin this from my cell phone in the garage

p.s. i already checked all the fuses

Last edited by pocfoo; 03-19-2011 at 02:54 PM.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:04 PM

also it seems like when i unplug the wiring harness the tailights come on then when i unplug it, the tails come on

Old 03-19-2011, 03:06 PM

I'd recommend getting a voltmeter and start tracing the tail light problems. That will most likely lead you to your overall running problems.

Be patient though. Wiring gremlins like this are not any fun to fix.

Old 03-19-2011, 04:01 PM

yea it seems like the ticking is coming from the tail section....

but its like sometimes when i plug in the main harness itll do the countdown and prime, and then sometimes it wont..

im going crazy

Old 03-19-2011, 04:18 PM

ok... so when i take the main harness off, the tailights work great but as soon as i plug in the harness, the tail lights shut off but the fuel primes but when i try to start it, the clicking starts coming from the tailiight. should i just unwire and rewire it? its an aftermarked integrated tail btw

Old 03-19-2011, 05:42 PM

Tilt sensor..?

Old 03-19-2011, 05:56 PM

now when i plug in the harness i get 2 lines going accross the bottom of my cluster... HELP!

Old 03-19-2011, 07:03 PM

ok so we figured it was the batery so we charged it and everythings workin but the charger wont go past 67 and also it wont prime... any ideas?

Old 03-19-2011, 07:05 PM

Hmmmmm I had similar problems... It was the bad ground wire.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WHAT THE EFFIN EF!?!?!! man somebody please help me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.