F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

turbocharging f4i

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 04:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbocharging f4i

anyone with info on turbochargeing my f4i, please feel free to comment on my quest. thanks

Old 06-02-2007, 09:53 AM
Banned
Default RE: turbocharging f4i

Check outthis thread, it is about a 600 RR but there a few posts that will be helpful,

https://cbrforum.com/m_132092/tm.htm

Old 06-02-2007, 10:49 AM

don't exactly support putting turbo on 600 bikes. makes more sense to upgrade to a 1000, and if u want, put turbo on that.

but it's still cool to have turbo on a 600

Old 06-02-2007, 11:37 AM

For some reason I had the wrong page up. Sorry.

<>

Old 06-02-2007, 12:37 PM

Use the search. There is a huge thread/argument/discussion about this same topic on another section of this board going on right now.

No spoon feeding for you.

Old 06-03-2007, 02:43 AM

well the guy that posted that thread was too young he wanted to turbo the bike because he herd about it and thought it was cool to impress his friends .im doing this because it is something that hasent been done exept a handfull of times. ive read the post and the only person who seemes like they know somthing has not been on here since 8-06 long time.eventualy i would like to porduce the kit for other people out their,and there are some out their.
just imagine the power of a 1000 on a light nimble bike like the 600, also for all talkin about nos yea its cheap hp but a lot of downfalls like filling the bottle, the added stress of the engine you will tipicaly get about 30 to50 passes before your rings start blow by and smoke unless you pop the nos squezeing the piston down and sealing the rings again. turbo is just more effecent and its power 24/7 no refills no stoping to turn the bottle on . what are you going to do when your at the red light and some 1000 puls up .be like hang on while i pop my seat and turn it on.and if you leave it on all the time it will slowly leak out so when you hit it a little somthing and then detionation when your at 11000 rpm and the nos sputters and backfires sending your pistons threw the oil pan .it s just that the turbo is more effecent.safer and you can control the boost with the turn of a dial or push of a button.leave the boost on like 3lbs and its like having nos all the time and you get the cool sounds.yea it takes fab but whats the fun if its not a challange.thanks for the feedback and i will have this someday. for all the haters ,see you at the track.

Old 06-03-2007, 03:14 AM

ORIGINAL: F4iT
yea it takes fab but whats the fun if its not a challange.
So you want something that's a challenge, but you want us to tell you how to do it?

Old 06-03-2007, 04:42 AM

ORIGINAL: F4iT

well the guy that posted that thread was too young he wanted to turbo the bike because he herd about it and thought it was cool to impress his friends .im doing this because it is something that hasent been done exept a handfull of times. ive read the post and the only person who seemes like they know somthing has not been on here since 8-06 long time.eventualy i would like to porduce the kit for other people out their,and there are some out their.
just imagine the power of a 1000 on a light nimble bike like the 600, also for all talkin about nos yea its cheap hp but a lot of downfalls like filling the bottle, the added stress of the engine you will tipicaly get about 30 to50 passes before your rings start blow by and smoke unless you pop the nos squezeing the piston down and sealing the rings again. turbo is just more effecent and its power 24/7 no refills no stoping to turn the bottle on . what are you going to do when your at the red light and some 1000 puls up .be like hang on while i pop my seat and turn it on.and if you leave it on all the time it will slowly leak out so when you hit it a little somthing and then detionation when your at 11000 rpm and the nos sputters and backfires sending your pistons threw the oil pan .it s just that the turbo is more effecent.safer and you can control the boost with the turn of a dial or push of a button.leave the boost on like 3lbs and its like having nos all the time and you get the cool sounds.yea it takes fab but whats the fun if its not a challange.thanks for the feedback and i will have this someday. for all the haters ,see you at the track.
You don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Old 06-03-2007, 04:53 AM

holy hell.... I couldn't even read what you just said....

Old 06-03-2007, 04:57 AM

ORIGINAL: F4iTthen detionation when your at 11000 rpm and the nos sputters and backfires sending your pistons threw the oil pan
Pistons through the oil pan?! [sm=interesting.gif] [sm=laughat.gif]