F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

throttle question

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 04:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: throttle question

yeah im sure.
ORIGINAL: andref321

First are you sure that you are not burning out your clutch?

Old 06-01-2006, 01:48 AM

i have an 01 f4i too and it does the same thing. i can let out on the clutch and while moving at the speed of about 2 or 3 miles per hour it will do the same thing when i slam the thorottle. it only does it in first and i think that if i buy a power commander it will fix this crap. I'll keep u posted and let you know if it works for me or if it is just a waste of three hundred bucks. By the way i am new here this is a very informal sight and i hope to learn some mods for my bike. the only mods i want is performance. i have a full exhaust system and i want to know if i can make it have the power of a 900 or 750 because the 600 lacks power. it was only good for me for the first hour of driving and then i wanted more power. Pleeze help if possible. Thank You

Old 06-01-2006, 02:20 AM

ORIGINAL: kungfu3master

i have an 01 f4i too and it does the same thing. i can let out on the clutch and while moving at the speed of about 2 or 3 miles per hour it will do the same thing when i slam the thorottle. it only does it in first and i think that if i buy a power commander it will fix this crap. I'll keep u posted and let you know if it works for me or if it is just a waste of three hundred bucks. By the way i am new here this is a very informal sight and i hope to learn some mods for my bike. the only mods i want is performance. i have a full exhaust system and i want to know if i can make it have the power of a 900 or 750 because the 600 lacks power. it was only good for me for the first hour of driving and then i wanted more power. Pleeze help if possible. Thank You
i hear ya on the power issue. keep us posted on this topic and welcome to the forum!

Old 06-01-2006, 03:02 AM

Why are you pushing full throttle at 3 miles an hour??? If your tryin to rip up a wheelie you should just clutch it up because you should only be giving anywhere near that throttle if you are racing from a dead stop and using the clutch and throttle to take off or if you are stuntin very slow wheelies.

Kinda pointless to mash the throttle at that speed just for amusement.

Heres your answer though. You are putting intense load on the bike when you do that, thats why it bogs down like that.
Mashing the throttle like that will put extreme power to that rear wheel that cant keep up to the weight of the bike and the person on the bike.

Imagine mashing the gas at a dead stop with a 4 cylinder engine in a semi. Its bound to bog down because the engine isnt powerfull enough to whip that back tire up to the speed you are trying to make it do. Especially if you have a good tire.

Old 06-01-2006, 12:21 PM

ORIGINAL: DThompson
Kinda pointless to mash the throttle at that speed just for amusement.
not doing it for amusement nor stunts. i was just wondering if this was something normal or not. as i can see from most of the feedback, its something ive never noticed before til a few weeks back and is normal. but thx Dthompson and thx for everyone's feedback.