F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Spy 5000m alarm system help!

Old 04-18-2010, 09:53 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bike shouldn't lurch. All the tap points are away from the neutral and kickstand switches. I'm just being overly cautious, waiting for a 2nd pair of hands to test, to be 1000% sure.

I used quick splice connectors for the taps. Will go back, cut and solder the connections tomorrow. Clean up the wiring a bit too. Pics when I get that done

Old 04-19-2010, 05:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any update on if the bike will lurch forward? Im itching to get out there and install mine.

Old 04-19-2010, 05:15 PM

Nope. My friend had plans yesterday so it'll wait till I get to work tomorrow. I'll have one of my coworkers hit the remote start for me.

Did find out that if you put it into gear on a remote start & no key it dies, however. So no running off with her

Old 04-19-2010, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Nope. My friend had plans yesterday so it'll wait till I get to work tomorrow. I'll have one of my coworkers hit the remote start for me.

Did find out that if you put it into gear on a remote start & no key it dies, however. So no running off with her
Thats good. For a cheap system it seams like it will do the trick just right. I guess Ill wait for the in gear results before I install. Guess its ball hockey with the boys tonight.

Old 04-19-2010, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by jondevos
Thats good. For a cheap system it seams like it will do the trick just right. I guess Ill wait for the in gear results before I install. Guess its ball hockey with the boys tonight.
Lol... Tell your boys "I'm sorry". My friend just stopped by on a surprise visit.

Bike does not start while in gear with the kickstand down. Powers up and primes the pump but doesn't even attempt to turn over.

Old 04-19-2010, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Lol... Tell your boys "I'm sorry". My friend just stopped by on a surprise visit.

Bike does not start while in gear with the kickstand down. Powers up and primes the pump but doesn't even attempt to turn over.
Thats awesome. As far as the sorry goes not called for. I had a good work out (been 3 years since I played hockey). Maybe tomorrow Ill get a chance to work on it after I get back from gym.

If you could send me some pictures of your connections that would be awesome. Im at barracks in Borden so working just in the parking lot. Want to try to get it all done in one night before sun down. Then Ill take some pics of mine and combine all the pictures into 1 nice how-to thread.

Old 04-23-2010, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by jondevos
Hey everyone,

So I installed the alarm side of a spy5000m alarm and remote start and am ready to install the remote start side of things.

Here is a video of the spy5000m alarm/remote start that I have.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBZ_hideg3w

***** I just watched that video and realized that's my friends bike at his house.

Small ****ing world.

-Duo

Old 04-28-2010, 10:30 PM

Supposed to get some pictures tonight and then tomorrow Ill be hooking mine up. Ill probably get a video and some pics up as well.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:52 AM

Ok, got everything hooked up. Bike is turning over but not starting. The fuel pump does not prime. Any ideas?

Old 04-29-2010, 12:06 PM

Update- everything is working as it should except the fuel pump priming up. The ignition kill works, alarm works, alarm disarms with key now, and alarm reminds me to set it once ignition is turned off, just know fuel pump priming for remote start. Not sure what the problem is.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Spy 5000m alarm system help!