F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Spy 5000m alarm system help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 01:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I gave it another shot today and like before the fuel pump did not prime. This time it blew the fuse in the white fuse holder attatched to the side of the fuse box. With that fuse blown the fuel pump gets no power, even with the key. Anyone have any ideas as to why it would be not priming and blowing that fuse.

Old 05-04-2010, 01:44 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hmmm... can you easily disconnect the pink, gray and yellow wires? And take pics of the red, blue and brown splice locations?

I know you said its the same as mine but just trying everything I can think of.

Old 05-04-2010, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Hmmm... can you easily disconnect the pink, gray and yellow wires? And take pics of the red, blue and brown splice locations?

I know you said its the same as mine but just trying everything I can think of.
Yes I can get in and take pictures no problem. Wouldnt be too hard to disconnect any of them either. This week Ill pull the seats and get pictures of each connection for you.

Old 05-06-2010, 12:09 AM

Just thinking out loud here, but is it possible that there is a difference in the wiring of the '01-'03 versus the '04 and newer F4i's? That might explain why the remote start is working fine for kuroshio w/his '06, and not for jondevos with his older split seat bike.

Last edited by joelacer; 05-06-2010 at 12:12 AM.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:17 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well in the service manual there are 2 wire schematics. One for the 01-03 and one for the 04-06. I've looked at both, tracing the wire path of the black wire, and that pathway is the same. Dunno what differences required the two schematics tho.

On the alarm, the blue wire is what triggers the actual start of the bike. The brown wire needs to splice into a wire that gets 12v with the key on. Guessing what it does is send 12v down that wire when the remote start is triggered to simulate the key on scenario. But that's a guess.

Old 05-06-2010, 12:23 AM

Hmmm, this whole thing sounds perplexing alright. I am interested in installing one of these alarms as well, but I'm hesitant to until jondevos or someone else is able to get this remote start business sorted out. Best of luck jondevos.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by joelacer
Hmmm, this whole thing sounds perplexing alright. I am interested in installing one of these alarms as well, but I'm hesitant to until jondevos or someone else is able to get this remote start business sorted out. Best of luck jondevos.
Thanks. It is close to working. Kuroshio helped me to get it to this point. Im new to the whole remote start thing so still figuring things out. I just got my manual back so im going to have a good look over the schematics and see if I can find anything.

Bike turns over just doesnt prime. Then sometimes when I hit the remote start this fuse blows.
Name:  Mooseaccident047.jpg
Views: 848
Size:  100.3 KB

For what I can tell by looking at the wiring diagram this is probably related to the black/white wire that I cut and taped into. Looks like that fuse provides power to the engine stop relay. I could be off tho

Old 05-06-2010, 09:13 AM

Also, in my clymer manual there is only one schematic for 2001-on cbr600f4i (U.S. models)

Old 05-06-2010, 03:52 PM

I had this same issue...I actually didn't know that was actually a fuse...I thought it was just a spare holder so I spent damn near a week trying to figure out why my bike wouldn't prime/run. Two bypassed relays and one week later I pulled out the yellow fuse and sure enough it was blown.

For remote start, you don't need to do ANYTHING to the black/white wire coming off of the ECM. I'll explain where the wire is as best I can.

________
/...............\
|.................|
|.....Tank......|
\.............../
\_______/
|..........|
|..Seat..|
|....xxx.| This xxx is a bundle of wires that leads towards the
/---------\ C which is the Engine Stop Relay. Cut the electrical tape
/.............\ and spread the wires out, you'll see one that is black.....
|.............C| JUST BLACK - NO BROWN STRIPE. It has small gold
|...............| bands going around it every few inches. This is the wire
that you have to tap into.

For some reason ASCII art isn't working....the browser doesn't want to take my spaces.

Then the wire off your alarm that runs the start connects to the red/yellow wire under that red rubber cap that's by the starter relay. Note that you have to keep the run switch in the ON position for the remote start to work.

ANOTHER ADDITION
The pink and grey wires (on my alarm) that tap into that black/white wire coming off of the grey connector on the ECM are what sense your ignition being on and cut it off when you want to turn the bike off. The way the alarm is designed is that when you remote start, you walk up to the bike and put your key in the ignition. Once the alarm brain sees +12v coming along the ignition, it stops pumping 12v into the black wire you spliced into. SO...until you have that hooked up...when you remote start, put your key in the ignition when you're ready to go, turn it in the ON position, and then hit the stop button on the alarm so the brain stops pumping 12v into that wire. If you don't do this, your kill switch won't do anything (motor won't turn off) nor will the key. And something about two sources (ignition/brain) pumping voltage into the wire doesn't sit right with me.

/novel

-Duo

Last edited by Duo Maxwell; 05-06-2010 at 03:56 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:14 PM

Duo, I have already tapped into the black wire that runs to the engine stop relay with a brown wire off of my alarm. The black/white wire off of the ecm is for the ignition kill. It is functioning properly. When there is no connection on the black/white wire the bike will not prime (even with the key) so that is why I thought that might be where the problem is located.

Quick Reply: Spy 5000m alarm system help!