F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Spy 5000m alarm system help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 02:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have you made sure that you ACC power wire is powering the, IIRC, "blue" wire at the IGN switch which leads to the fan?

Old 01-02-2012, 07:16 AM

I just did mine last night on a 2007 cbr600rr, pm or email me if you need help... The remote start wont turn over the bike unless the security features are passed: the BAS and kick stand sensor wont allow the bike to prime when active so you dont have to worry about accidentally starting the bike in gear! The wiring can be picky so be careful because I fried my ecm the first time around

Old 06-13-2012, 02:46 PM

I finally got around to ordering an alarm as my birthday present for my 01 F4i and after reading all 12 pages a few times is it possible to get the remote start feature to work as long as I follow one of the correct ways to connect all the wires (so many different ideas lol)?
I ordered the spy 5000m with the microwave sensor in case anyone has any suggestions on which wire matching diagram i should use.
I plan to hopefully give this a go this weekend and see what I can do!!

Old 06-13-2012, 07:34 PM
Registered Users

I have the spy on my bike as well. I did not connect the remote start. I was told it will lurch forward after you bypass kickstand sensor if in gear. I will also tell you that the buttons get pushed in my pocket sometimes. Part of the fun is starting my bike manually. The microwave sensor is very sensitive. Most of the time I keep it deactive. Loud sound or vibration will set it off. I currently have it set so if it is bumped, sat on, or moved in any way, it will go off loudly! I am very happy with this alarm system.
Oh, and I ended up paying a stereo shop to install for me.

Last edited by Trent Dog; 06-13-2012 at 07:39 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:03 PM

Humm well from what I read in the 12 pages is it wont lurch forward. The only problem that I do see is that someone said that the fan doesn't turn on if it is remote started. I highly doubt I would use the remote start feature very often its just for of a WOW feature lol.
I'm not to worried about installing this, installed multiple remote starters and alarms so as long as I use my meter and take my time I don't foresee any problems but who knows.

Old 06-15-2012, 08:46 PM

Well got everything to work first try once i figured out how the remote start worked on the remote . But it looks like I will need a 5.1 zener diode and 1 watt 1k ohm 5% resistor in order to make the remote start work due to the HIS stuff people are talking about but I know it works from the HID trick.

So now my question is I believe the diode and resistor would go inline of either the gray or pink wire right?and which direction? Hopefully I'll figure it out tomorrow if no one chimes in...

My low beam headlight just flashes and turns off hopefully I didn't just fry a ballast. It worked before I went for a ride to charge up the battery after I finished everything, but no I just had to mess if the remote start some more and now it just flashes.Hopefully my battery is just low but I doubt it.

Old 06-16-2012, 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by fairman86
got mine to work, just have to make sure that you jump the ign+ from the remote starter over to the pink wire, BUT you have to put a resistor and a zener diode in line to make sure you only are putting 9v max to the pinbk wire. if it sees the full 12v to the pink wire, the HISS system thinks that someone is hot wiring it and will not prime the fuel pump. another way is to hook it up the normal way. and install an HID kit. you have to have it set up so that the running lights are hooked to the headlights, leave the headlights on high beam, allowing them to fire both bulbs. if you blink the lights first they put 12v into the ballasts, then fire the bulbs and shut them off. this leaves a small amount of voltage in the system tricking the HISS system thinking its seeing around 9v to the pink wire through the ign+ kicks on the fuel pump allowing it to start, once started it wont turn off the fuel pump. its a way around it, but requires an HID kit. the simple way is to hook up a resistor and zener diode, you can get them at "the source" (canada) or "radioshack" (usa) if they dont have them in stock they can order them. for the types and specs on the resistors and zener diode, just search 01 cbr600 f4i HISS system ingition switch. its common with guys who want to remove the key'd ignition and put in a ignition switch for their stunt bike
So am I basically taping into the Red/black wire (gets power when the ignition is on) and running that into the resistor and diode then taping that into the pink wire wherever that is on the bike?
That way when the bike goes to remote start the pink wire is getting its 9V? Makes sense in my head... Anybody?

Old 11-04-2013, 08:51 AM

ok I've been reading a lot of post ant threads about the spy5000m alarm, I went off the guy's thread that did the cbr600rr when I did my vfr800 but I ended up frying it so I had my mechanic come pick it up oh and it was my fault on the frying part, I got one of those hotwire light up rods and touched a wrong wire I didn't solder right and pop went my bike lol, anyways got a 06 1000rr so I'm looking for exact wire to wire how to, I know pink goes into r&y wire but what is this about the resistor....please explain, both yellow wires go into lights but can I hook them up to my back tail light? now with the other wires hmmmmm.............where do they go for my model? Or can I use this guide for my 1000rr? Any input would be great, I've had this alarm before and loved it but wasn't able to get remote start to work(on the vfr800 fuelpump had to prime) wich was one of the most exciting things for me, that and not having my bike stolen, I appreciate it in advance, thank you.

Last edited by lighteningboltRR; 11-04-2013 at 08:56 AM. Reason: need more info