F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

So disappointed can anyone help?

Old 01-15-2008, 10:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So disappointed can anyone help?

Alright, so I just got this bike from a guy, it was completly stock. So I got a few things for it, I put on a PC3, Micron slipon, and FE. Now im not very crafty or techy and have a huge work load. So to do these 3 took me a few good nights of being in the garage just trying to figure stuff out. Finally I got the freaking FE to work out and I plug in my tail lights to "test them" because I havn't started my bike since I got the PC and slipon on I was kinda waiting for everything for a finished product kind of thing. So anyways after a few hours of screwing with the FE and cutting crap, I finished and I plug in my turn signals + the liscense plate light and the license plate light is the only thing that lights up. And its on perma apparently. So I go to start the bike and now IT WONT START! When I turn the key on the PC doesn't light up or anything ( not sure if the bike has to be on ), but if that was installed wrong or something would I not even have any type of juice from the battery? When I hit the start button it just trys and trys and trys. So I was so happy to finish the FE and thought all I had to do was put the fairings back on and plug the power stuff back in and i'd be done... sigh. Heres a pic of the back connecters. Also my O2 sensor is just hanging I don't have an eliminator or bung yet, does that have anything to do with it? Im just blown away that the license plate light lights up but the turn signals wont? If anyone has any solutions im over here with blood sweat and almost tears =/ Also my oil light was on for some reason so I poured half a quart in. Before I started all this the bike would start in 1/2 a second.

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/6394/sigsui4.jpg

Old 01-15-2008, 10:25 PM
Default RE: So disappointed can anyone help?

OMFG where to start............

First off, stop working on everything all at once.

Now im not very crafty or techy
Based on that quote, I would return the bike to stock. It's your best bet at this point.

Work on one thing at a time and test it as you go.

DON'T PUT ANY MORE OIL IN IT! Check your oil level at the window!

I'd be very surprised if someone can get this straightened out over the forum.

Are you anywhere in the area of New England? If you are I'd be willing to take a drive and lend a hand.

Good luck!

<lurking>

Old 01-15-2008, 10:32 PM

wow, the PC and the slipon, they both came at the same time, so I put the PC on, and the slipon put the micron map from their site on it. Went to sleep, woke up and FE came so I did that. The window in the oil is clear. Nowhere near NE. Your post did not help at all.

Old 01-15-2008, 10:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. - Does the Fuel pump prime? (Listen for a whirring in the tank when you key on/Engine Cut Off OFF)

2. - Check all your fuses - Fix if needed, but don't increase the amps no matter what.

3.- Narrow down what isn't working - You say your oil light stays on... - If you don't get the engine running, the oil light SHOULD stay on.

4. - Slowly undo what you did - Unplug the taillights - the engine should still run without that.

5. - BREAK YOUR PROBLEMS DOWN - Don't give us a 10 line paragraph listing random things - break them apart and they'll be easier to address.

6. - Good luck - I don't think you are far from getting things running, but you need to slowly narrow down what could be causing the problems. - Since most of the work was done in the back end, check out the relays on the right side of the frame - One is a Cut Off, and I think the other was for the fuel pump - most likely those are where things went wrong.

Old 01-15-2008, 10:45 PM

Well I'm so sorry to disappoint you. I'll try this again:

Problem 1
Now im not very crafty or techy
Problem 2
trying to figure stuff out
Problem 3
I havn't started my bike since I got the PC and slipon
Problem 4
after a few hours of screwing with the FE and cutting crap
Problem 5
Also my O2 sensor is just hanging I don't have an eliminator or bung yet
Problem 6
license plate light is the only thing that lights up. And its on perma apparently

If anyone has any solutions
I said "First off, stop working on everything all at once."

Then I said "I'd be very surprised if someone can get this straightened out over the forum."

Seems to me other than fixing your 6 issues I mentioned, my post is very helpful to you.

Whether you want to admit it or not, you've painted yourself into a corner.

My advice to you is to return the bike to its original state and start over one step at a time and test as you go. You said yourself your not "crafty" or "techy" and now you want a step by step guide on how to get out of this??

I'm not digging at you but Jesus Christ, man, look at where you're at with this project and ask yourself how ANYONE is supposed to be able to fix all this and be able to do it over the internet....really.....sit back and think about it for a second.

Old 01-15-2008, 10:46 PM
Banned

Do you have the bike in the upright position when your checking the oil window?

Where did you plug the pcIII in at?

Your going to want to get either a bung welded in for your O2 sensor or a O2 sensor eliminator. But this shouldnt stop the bike from starting.

I would worry about getting the bike started again before trying to tackle the tail light. If everything worked fine before, it sounds like you have something unplugged or plugged into the wrong spot.

Old 01-15-2008, 10:47 PM

Ok, yes the fuel pump goes, the only 3 things I had to take off for the FE was those 3. One for the license plate, and 2 blinkers, im not sure how I can really do anything else besides that?
If I take the micron off and put stock on, can I leave the PC on and see if it goes, or will it having the micron map effect it?

Old 01-15-2008, 10:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BERGS - EASY I wasn't attacking your post, I was going at the original (500 word essay without a single carriage return!)

Old 01-15-2008, 10:50 PM

dw thats what im thinking but I can't see anything. If I had something unplugged woudn't the licenseplate light not come on either? I lifted up the tank and unplugged the fitting and plugged one end of the PC to each end and put tank back down. ( nvr took it off just lifted )

Old 01-15-2008, 10:52 PM

mycivil- It wasn't directed at you it was directed toward Mr.Hack-n-splice.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: So disappointed can anyone help?