F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

quick question for you F4i owners that may take some thought...

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008 | 10:04 AM
Default RE: quick question for you F4i owners that may take some thought...

Put new suspension on the bike. You can't imagine the difference.

Old 04-26-2008 | 12:40 PM

Buy a bike cuz you neglected maintenance? I would spend the money to fix what I got. Its cheaper than new plates, higher insurance and then you have the time it takes to break a bike in, til you can really get on it. If your made of money go get a bike. But some of us work for a living and are a bit more conservative with our money.

Old 04-29-2008 | 09:37 AM

ORIGINAL: Stephens

Buy a bike cuz you neglected maintenance? I would spend the money to fix what I got. Its cheaper than new plates, higher insurance and then you have the time it takes to break a bike in, til you can really get on it. If your made of money go get a bike. But some of us work for a living and are a bit more conservative with our money.
the maintenance part was just a small factor that was a part of the situation/background...maintenance is neither expensive nor is it hard work...i meant more of performance parts vs. new bike and what results they would yield once they both reached a certain net price ceiling...i wasnt asking for advice, i just wanted some opinons, and whether or not you guys have reached those crossroads with your F4i...what you decided on and what were the main factors you chose...

but it all doesnt matter anymore since i have decided to keep it for now, keep modding it, and see where that goes i guess...

i dont understand why considering a slightly newer bike has anything to do with me making or not making a living "like the rest of you"...if i was made of money, wouldnt i just go for both? ever think of that instead of just judging me and pretty much implying that i haphazardly spent my money and/or do not earn any of my possessions...if anything im being more financially conscious than half the people that think they can monetarily handle an upgrade...

maybe its because i AM like you and have to work for a living and spend conservatively; hence the financial decision and weighing my options...so before you assume im some loaded squid that has all the money in the world and that this is the only dilemma in my rich rich life; think about the root of the question and why im asking for opinions instead of rashly making a decision...

Old 04-29-2008 | 11:33 AM

ever consider the fact that to have the bike keep up with the rest, the biggest thing that needs upgrading is located between the windscreen and the bike seat?

why is it that my F4i keeps up with the newest, baddest bikes and liter bikes in the twisties and at the track with just suspension mods and a full system? yet even before the full system i was doing fine.

not to say you're inexperienced or whatever...but the vast majority of the cases, it's the rider.

i personally take pride in passing 600RRs, 1000RRs, etc. at the track, etc...

Old 04-29-2008 | 04:07 PM

Tahoe is my inspiration .... but.....

http://www.superbikesupply.com/index...;ItemsId=28445

After seeing the price for new suspension for the FRONT you'll probably just want to buy a new bike. I was thinking about maybe getting my suspension redone with my extra tax check but not for $13k. ouch =(

Mike

Old 04-29-2008 | 05:31 PM

LOL.....

you know that isn't the suspension upgrade i was aiming at.

i think the coolest thing i saw was some old skool **** on a beat up f2 pass all these new 600s and liters in the turns...it was great!

you see the faster 'newer' bikes hit the straights then grab brake, and this dude, is getting passed, but consistently outbrakes and out turns them every time! it was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that will be me in 5 years...it'll be 2013...i'll be on my 2002 F4i...10 year old 80K mile bike...passing ***** on their hoverbikes and $#!t

ahhahahaha

Old 04-30-2008 | 03:52 PM

A suspension upgrade needn't cost an arm and leg. I did a writeup somewhere on here about mine.

Old 04-30-2008 | 05:19 PM

ORIGINAL: Jaybird180

A suspension upgrade needn't cost an arm and leg. I did a writeup somewhere on here about mine.
I agree.I did mine counting parts(front/rear springs),new shock fluid and a helping hand on setting up the shock/sags settings .It set me back a under 175.00 .Bike is totally different.
Im with the rest (havent done any track days) but i have no issues sticking with the newer bikes in the curves with a "old" bike"..