F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Proton Flushmounts

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 08:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yunebug
The only difference between the video and his bike is the relay. In the video, after he installs the relay, the blinks returned to stock and flashed at the same time. The video's integrated tails is no different that his underbody kit - group of LEDs.

I do agree that the protons must have some sort of their own circuitry inside - and that's what's causing the irregular blinking when used in conjunction with the under tail kit.

The video has proven that when you have protons in the front and leds in the rear, a flasher relay will regular the flashes. This is the easiest way to solve his problem.

But if money is problem, then try wiring the orange one first. Keep us posted. :0)
he is completely right here. The blinker relay makes it all even out. It takes resistance out of the equation.

Old 06-20-2011, 08:26 PM

I didn't watch the video. I just looked up the Protons on google and saw they had 3 modes of flash. Figured a controller of some sort was integreated into the flush mounts and would over-ride whatever signal it was getting from the bike. If the Protons sync with the relay that truly is amazing, since the flashing of the protons seems to be controlled by its inner circuitry. Unless the "normal" mode is simply a bypass of that controller.

Old 06-20-2011, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by F34Me?
I didn't watch the video. I just looked up the Protons on google and saw they had 3 modes of flash. Figured a controller of some sort was integreated into the flush mounts and would over-ride whatever signal it was getting from the bike. If the Protons sync with the relay that truly is amazing, since the flashing of the protons seems to be controlled by its inner circuitry. Unless the "normal" mode is simply a bypass of that controller.
they do have different wiring etc... However, they are stupid. They are meant to function with a regular blink duration. That is screwed up a lot by throwing LEDs into a circuit designed to have more load on it. A flash regulator that is not meant to flash different when load is off... such as a burnt out light or led... but one that is electronically controlled to flash exactly legal no matter what the load is will then allow the proton wiring and resistors to function correctly.