F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Power Commander?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 08:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Commander?

What is a power commander? How does it work? Why is it needed? What gains can be expected from it on 06 with a 2 bros slip on and K&N air filter? Is it needed with the above listed mods? Is it safe for the engine? Will it hurt anything? As of right now i have just the 2 bros slip on and it seems to run great. Ive read without a power commander the bike will run hotter, my bike runs the same temps as before the exhaust all day long. Are there different models if so which one would be best for my bike? Im not racing my bike or anything like that, even tho I do rip it often, I pretty much drive it everyday to work and cruise around town. Thanks any help is very much appreciated!

Old 10-05-2010, 08:21 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by MuscleswitCBR
What is a power commander? How does it work? Why is it needed? What gains can be expected from it on 06 with a 2 bros slip on and K&N air filter? Is it needed with the above listed mods? Is it safe for the engine? Will it hurt anything? As of right now i have just the 2 bros slip on and it seems to run great. Ive read without a power commander the bike will run hotter, my bike runs the same temps as before the exhaust all day long. Are there different models if so which one would be best for my bike? Im not racing my bike or anything like that, even tho I do rip it often, I pretty much drive it everyday to work and cruise around town. Thanks any help is very much appreciated!

lol wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo there big boy....

first have u checked their site?

second its really good for the bike, no safety issues or problems

with your pipe and your filter your bike will naturally run more lean.. (not good but not gonna kill ur bike) but still not what you want

a power commander fixes this problem you download the map for the slip on and the filter and it makes ur bike run right on par and gives you a couple hp

Old 10-05-2010, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by zmds18
lol wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo there big boy....

first have u checked their site?

second its really good for the bike, no safety issues or problems

with your pipe and your filter your bike will naturally run more lean.. (not good but not gonna kill ur bike) but still not what you want

a power commander fixes this problem you download the map for the slip on and the filter and it makes ur bike run right on par and gives you a couple hp
lol everybody just keeps talking about this thing and I was just wondering. So its pretty much just like a pre loaded tune for a car? How does it plug in the bike? Thanks

Old 10-05-2010, 09:01 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

yup pretty much the same deal...

um there are two plugs and a ground its pretty much a 5 min install

Old 10-05-2010, 09:02 PM
July 2010 ROTM

it might get u like 1 hp unless u dyno it, even still it wont do much