CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Power Commander? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/power-commander-117313/)

MuscleswitCBR 10-05-2010 08:13 PM

Power Commander?

What is a power commander? How does it work? Why is it needed? What gains can be expected from it on 06 with a 2 bros slip on and K&N air filter? Is it needed with the above listed mods? Is it safe for the engine? Will it hurt anything? As of right now i have just the 2 bros slip on and it seems to run great. Ive read without a power commander the bike will run hotter, my bike runs the same temps as before the exhaust all day long. Are there different models if so which one would be best for my bike? Im not racing my bike or anything like that, even tho I do rip it often, I pretty much drive it everyday to work and cruise around town. Thanks any help is very much appreciated!

__Z__ 10-05-2010 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by MuscleswitCBR (Post 974158)
What is a power commander? How does it work? Why is it needed? What gains can be expected from it on 06 with a 2 bros slip on and K&N air filter? Is it needed with the above listed mods? Is it safe for the engine? Will it hurt anything? As of right now i have just the 2 bros slip on and it seems to run great. Ive read without a power commander the bike will run hotter, my bike runs the same temps as before the exhaust all day long. Are there different models if so which one would be best for my bike? Im not racing my bike or anything like that, even tho I do rip it often, I pretty much drive it everyday to work and cruise around town. Thanks any help is very much appreciated!

lol wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo there big boy....

first have u checked their site?

second its really good for the bike, no safety issues or problems

with your pipe and your filter your bike will naturally run more lean.. (not good but not gonna kill ur bike) but still not what you want

a power commander fixes this problem you download the map for the slip on and the filter and it makes ur bike run right on par and gives you a couple hp

MuscleswitCBR 10-05-2010 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by zmds18 (Post 974165)
lol wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo there big boy....

first have u checked their site?

second its really good for the bike, no safety issues or problems

with your pipe and your filter your bike will naturally run more lean.. (not good but not gonna kill ur bike) but still not what you want

a power commander fixes this problem you download the map for the slip on and the filter and it makes ur bike run right on par and gives you a couple hp

lol everybody just keeps talking about this thing and I was just wondering. So its pretty much just like a pre loaded tune for a car? How does it plug in the bike? Thanks

__Z__ 10-05-2010 09:01 PM

yup pretty much the same deal...

um there are two plugs and a ground its pretty much a 5 min install

vangill 10-05-2010 09:02 PM

it might get u like 1 hp unless u dyno it, even still it wont do much