F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Ordered A New Front Sprocket Today

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 11:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordered A New Front Sprocket Today

I went down to the local dealer today to pick up my turn signals and spacers, but the signals were the wrong ones (he ordered some round ones instead of the LP arrows). So I had to order the arrows again so asked if they had any sprockets on hand, but they have to order them too. I got a sunstar 15 tooth front sprocket on order for $20, are they any good or should I order something else? My bike only has 5000 miles on it and I'm going to do a 520 conversion next winter, so I'm not really concerned with the wear of it, but how much is my speedo going to be off now and is there that much of a difference? My stand should be here by Thursday so I was all ready to pull the bike apart and put on my frame sliders, front sprocket and install my new signals, but that would have worked out way to good LOL. I guess I'll have to wait a couple more weeks to get the signals but its worth it. I guess I'm done with my little rant, but let me know if the sprocket is any good or what you think of dropping a tooth up front.

-Jesse-

Old 02-01-2006, 12:09 AM
Retired Administrator
Default RE: Ordered A New Front Sprocket Today

I’m not familiar with Sunstar... but that doesn't mean anything. You will/should notice a big difference and your speed will be noticeable also. I paced myself beside a friend in his truck. At 70MPH mine was reading 61 to 62ish.

Sounds like you're having fun with a lot of mods at once. Let us see the pics when you're finished.

Old 02-01-2006, 08:44 AM

Everyone has there opinion about things so for what it is worth I went down one on front for about 2 days and did not like the high revs running in straight aways. It is all about how you ride in town and things like that might be ok. Where I'm at I have to ride a lot of straight aways to get to good roads and normally with 1000's so It wasn't for me.

Old 02-01-2006, 11:00 AM

ORIGINAL: doncollins

I’m not familiar with Sunstar... but that doesn't mean anything. You will/should notice a big difference and your speed will be noticeable also. I paced myself beside a friend in his truck. At 70MPH mine was reading 61 to 62ish.

Sounds like you're having fun with a lot of mods at once. Let us see the pics when you're finished.
I haven't heard anything bad about them, but I will find out next week. I usually ride highway and backroads, but I'm not worried about hitting 150+ in the straights, just a little more grunt down low. Don I'll deffinately keep up on the pics. I'm going to be taking it apart this weekend to get everything ready to install. I got the woodcraft sliders with the bike, but he didn't put them on. I went to wal mart the other day and got a laser level that I can mount on my camera tripod, so it should work pretty good.

BTW I have the hotbodies undertail with the led tail lights and my blinkers flash really fast. What do you guys suggest to slow the rate down? I hear alot of people say to go to radio shack and get some resistors, anyone have a pic of what they look like and how much they cost? Thanks guys

-Jesse-

Old 02-01-2006, 11:40 PM