Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

Just Ordered Sprocket Kit.. What do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 04:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Ordered Sprocket Kit.. What do you think?

Hey guys new into the whole stunting and wheelie thing and actually riding in general as i bought my first bike a 99f4 about 4 months ago. The bike is stock except a slip on exhaust and some cosmetics. I just ordered a set of gears from motoheaven.com and got the 520 conversion xring chain with a 16-50 gear setup is that going to be a big enough difference for me. The only other bike i have been on was my friends 2005 gsx-r 600 and it has same mods but also is injected and has a -1/+10 gears on it and it almost was too much for me. I am getting the gears just as much for pickup and go as i am for stunting and have some cocky friends with power programmer f4is that are otherwise stock and have no gears am i going to be able to pull on them now( i want to know before i feel like a morron). thanks guys on the input i really appriciate anything people have to say.

Old 08-30-2008, 08:56 AM
Banned
Default RE: Just Ordered Sprocket Kit.. What do you think?

As far as stuntin that should be plenty on the gearing to keep you occupied for awhile , personally I would have stuck with stock gearing for awhile and rocked it as far as I could. As the messing with your friends part that gearing will def shoot you outta the hole if you know how to do it but you will be shifting more then your friends. So as usual it comes down to the riders and what they can do.

Old 08-31-2008, 03:07 PM

ORIGINAL: 1999F4

Hey guys new into the whole stunting and wheelie thing and actually riding in general as i bought my first bike a 99f4 about 4 months ago. The bike is stock except a slip on exhaust and some cosmetics. I just ordered a set of gears from motoheaven.com and got the 520 conversion xring chain with a 16-50 gear setup is that going to be a big enough difference for me. The only other bike i have been on was my friends 2005 gsx-r 600 and it has same mods but also is injected and has a -1/+10 gears on it and it almost was too much for me. I am getting the gears just as much for pickup and go as i am for stunting and have some cocky friends with power programmer f4is that are otherwise stock and have no gears am i going to be able to pull on them now( i want to know before i feel like a morron). thanks guys on the input i really appriciate anything people have to say.
Man, -1 in the front and +10 in the rear... it wont be long before you start trucking your bike places, because when your on the freeway your RPM's are going to be screaming, and your topend is going to be like, 110 mph IF that.

Old 08-31-2008, 08:07 PM

that gearing is what my friend has not what i ordered i got the +5 in the back and thats what i was wondering if it is gonna be good for my i said that the -1 +10 was way too wild for my likely but thanks i am glad i didn't go that route lol

Old 08-31-2008, 11:03 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

+5 rear should be good, same as -1+2 pretty much.

Old 08-31-2008, 11:40 PM
Banned

I got the drag/stunt combo from moto heaven. I have no idea what the actual tooth count is. But on a F2 with a few mods it redlines top gear at about 135. Cruising 70 the rpms are at 7500. As far as wheelies... it powers 1,2 and with a nice tug itll power 3rd. As far as quickness.. ya it helped

Old 09-01-2008, 09:16 PM

alright cool thats what i was hoping because i want to be able to still run from the 30-110 range like crazy but need to be able to pull it up for some little stunting thanks guys.

Old 09-03-2008, 11:01 AM

the kit is installed just waiting until i get home from school to try it out ill let you guys know how it worked and the kit was here in one day from motoheaven great shipping

Old 09-03-2008, 03:55 PM

You'll like that setup.

Best thing to try for some wheeelies is second gear. I've got -1/+2 on my f4i and i love 2nd gear right now (still in the learning stages). Go about 30mph in 2nd gear and slip the clutch, it's a good gear/speed to ride at.

I can ride 2nd all day long, it's 1st gear that scares me sometimes.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:13 AM

so i really like the added acceleration but i expected a little more help in the power up department i don't feel really comfortable clutching it i almost wish i would've went -1 +4 but oh well still good thanks guys

Quick Reply: Just Ordered Sprocket Kit.. What do you think?