F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Front sprocket removal Different sprocket on fron then rear, its a tricky one! ha

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 01:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front sprocket removal Different sprocket on fron then rear, its a tricky one! ha

I have a 2001 CBR600F4i
Ok so i have a 520 front sprocket on the front and there was a 520 rear sprocket on the back, problem was that the rear sprocket was way to big for my needs so i changed it out when i got the tires changed. Didn't think about loosening the fron sprocket bolt before all of this took place. Now i have the stock rear sprocket on with a 520 pitch front sprocket. I can't put the chain on because it just slips over the teeth on the OEM rear sprocket and the OEM chain i have needs the master link to be cut before i can put it on.

So now that you know my situation, is there any other way to get the front sprocket bolt loose without relying on the chain and rear wheel to hold it in place? I tried putting it in grear but it just spins the trans and motor since it isnt hooked to the rear wheel. Please help other wise im just going to take the rear wheel off and switch back to the old sprocket reinstall everything loosen the front sprocket bolt and then take everything back apart to switch set ups. Alot of un needed work if there is a way to get the front sprocket bolt loose.

In a somewhat related issue, on the stock chain i couldnt find the master link, they all look the same, can i just cut any one of them or does it have to be a specific master link that needs to be cut?

haha and now for the grand finale question - should i just say to hell with going back to stock, keep the crazy wheelie set up and wait until i can buy a 520 -1 +2 conversion set? I just want to ride help a brother out haha

Old 05-20-2006, 02:30 PM
Default RE: Front sprocket removal Different sprocket on fron then rear, its a tricky one! ha

Ok so i put the old sprocket on the rear and the chain to go with it. My next question is does the rear tire have to be re-balanced because of a change in sprocket?

Old 05-21-2006, 12:28 AM
Default RE: Front sprocket removal Different sprocket on fron then rear, its a tricky one! ha

no, but u need to stay with the 520 size chain/sprocket