F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

opinion needed on selling

  #1  
Old 06-10-2011, 03:37 PM
itsme71190's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: virginia beach, va
Posts: 231
Default opinion needed on selling

hey guys, i got an offer for my bike for 3500. should i take it. i will b getting another but not till i can buy a rr.

http://www.vadriven.com/forums/showthread.php?t=399390
 
  #2  
Old 06-10-2011, 04:32 PM
R Dub's Avatar
October 2011 ROTM
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Burbs of Chicago
Posts: 1,340
Default

$3500 is a fair price I would say but I am assuming this leaves you with out a bike. Are you okay with this? How long would you be without a bike? Don't sell your F4i then get impatient and by the first RR you see. What year RR are you looking at getting? I know the 07+ is a big improvement over the F4i. Personally I would do it if it doesn't leave me without a bike for long.
 
  #3  
Old 06-10-2011, 05:15 PM
itsme71190's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: virginia beach, va
Posts: 231
Default

yea. thats why im hesitant about selling it. plans were to wait till winter. take a loan and buy a rr. then sell the f4i beggining of the season. but i heard anything over a 05 will increase my insurance like crazy. this true?
 
  #4  
Old 06-10-2011, 06:17 PM
Member
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 69
Default

that's a mighty nice looking bike. hold onto it unless you're looking at upgrading to a liter bike.
 
  #5  
Old 06-10-2011, 10:17 PM
itsme71190's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: virginia beach, va
Posts: 231
Default

i dont really need a liter bike. im content with a 600. not saying if a deal came about for one i wouldnt take it. i just want a RR. and thanks for the compliment!
 
  #6  
Old 06-10-2011, 10:39 PM
R Dub's Avatar
October 2011 ROTM
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Burbs of Chicago
Posts: 1,340
Default

Originally Posted by itsme71190 View Post
yea. thats why im hesitant about selling it. plans were to wait till winter. take a loan and buy a rr. then sell the f4i beggining of the season. but i heard anything over a 05 will increase my insurance like crazy. this true?
The insurance went down when I got my RR over my F4i
 
  #7  
Old 06-10-2011, 10:45 PM
Member
Join Date: May 2011
Location: East TN
Posts: 72
Default

Would I give $3,500 for that bike? In a heartbeat. Would I let it go for that price? Hmm, I might have to think about that.

Trust me on this point, cause I had been without a bike for a long time until my recent purchase, do NOT sell it until you get another one unless it's just a short time prior to buying your next one.

It sucks being without. Got mine about 2 weeks ago, rode it to work the next day and over to my friends house the day after that. Since then it's been in the garage stripped down as I work on it a little each night fixing things that were either not to my liking or just needed repairing and i'm also installing the parts i've ordered as they arrive. So even though i've only ridden it less than 80 miles, it makes me extremely happy just knowing it's out in the garage and if all goes well I should have it fully back together within 8-10 days.
 

Last edited by ucyifly; 06-10-2011 at 11:54 PM.
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
R1der02
Other Bike Chat
5
06-26-2012 12:41 AM
itsme71190
F4i - Main Forum
0
06-10-2011 03:18 PM
itsme71190
Off Topic
12
11-24-2010 01:22 PM
albigman
CBR 954RR
14
12-16-2008 10:27 AM
amig
CBR 600F2
4
04-30-2008 06:33 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: opinion needed on selling


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.