CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

opinion needed

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 03:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default opinion needed

idk if you read my other thread but about a week ago i had to gently lay my f2 down at a stop light
she started right up no problems aftering stopping her and picking her up
as i hit the freeway, on the same day, though she felt totally different felt like somethings wrong with the forks or steering, i picked her up by the right handle bar grip and tank so would that be enough force to twist something?

the forks appear to be straight at least to my eye its pretty damn straight so could it be the fork seals? one of them is degrading and has a tare...

she feels more sensitive now or is that my imagination because i layed her down?

Old 04-29-2008, 04:18 AM
Default RE: opinion needed

i would check to see if both forks line up at the same spot in the upper triple for starters. and you can also slide the forks out of the triples to see if they have a crease in then. if so they are bent, if not good ****. also look at your left and right clip ons and make sure they are aligned and the same position as each other. start there, if anymore questions just ask.

Old 04-30-2008, 02:24 AM

well i took apart the fairings for a quick inspect took some pictures that ill post later. i took a light shined it up and down both of the upper forks and didnt see anything no crease/bend of any kind.
as for the bottom forks everything looks fine as well i dont have anything to support the front yet so i cant take out the forks from the triple's.
looking down from the top it just seems like my triples are a bit out of line hence when matching up with the bolt that supports the guages its a little to the right when riding straight

would the bend be prett obvious?
im begining to think its just a figment of my imagination...

Old 04-30-2008, 05:29 AM
Banned

My vote goes to figment of your imagination.

If you indeed "gently" laid it over (from a stand-still?)as you say, there couldn't possibly have been enough force to bend your forks. Were you moving at all?Numerous times over the course of my F2 ownership, I've done something to it or had a close call only to "notice" that it handled funny or didn't run quite right. These things always passes with time. Just relax and see if they don't go away.

Old 04-30-2008, 06:33 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I laid my F3 down once too a few years back ... just gently in a car park ... the steering didn't feel right as if twisted ... I undid the clamps to the handlebar clipons and found there was some slight adjustment there ... the left hand one had been pushed back slightly from the fall so they were not an equal angle .. this cured it .. when you undo them they have to be pushed forward against a locating lug .. if it still feels wrong check the clip on itself isn't bent... having your hands at a slightly different angle from each other on the bars can make a bike feel plain weird ...

Jules