F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

No wheelies for me!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 08:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: No wheelies for me!?!?

I can consistently power wheelie by rolling along in 1st gear at about 3.5k-4k rpm and then wringing on the throttle.

Oh, maybe that's on the Ducati...

On the CBR, I can power wheelie from about 8k rpm pretty easily.

Lester

Old 02-27-2007, 10:58 PM

anyone know how to build a wheelie machine? lolz =]

Old 07-19-2007, 01:20 PM

lots of questions [&:]
When you use clutch, do you disengage it completely or only to the friction point?
When you release it, do you release it smoothly or harshly?
At which rpm you start releasing the clutch?
During releasing the clutch (or after) do you keep increasing rpms?

I know that I need more practice, I just don't want to cause damage to the engine or clutch by doing it incorrectly. When I dump or release the clutch at 8000rpm at 1st gear it feels jerky thats all "wheelie" I have so far, it feels like its bad for clutch as well.

Old 07-19-2007, 01:26 PM

Need to ride your bike harder son, it's a Honda! lol

Old 07-19-2007, 01:26 PM

ORIGINAL: cbr_newbie

anyone know how to build a wheelie machine? lolz =]
go down a tooth in the front sprocket and go up as many as you want in the rear. 5 teeth or more but you are going to loose top speed. So if you just want to stunt its a good idea.

Old 07-19-2007, 07:33 PM

I have a question for the gurus. I have been riding motocross for about 16 years and sport bikes for about 3 years. I have recently started to get bored and have been playing around with trying a few different tricks. Everytime I pull the front end up, I like to stand up on the pegs. I think this is a second nature habit from motocross. All of the pictures I see of people learning to pull wheelies, they are sitting down. What do you guys prefer?

Old 07-20-2007, 06:36 AM

Oh look... another squid in training. [:@]

Do this **** on the street and you're looking for trouble. Go find an empty parking lot somewhere.

Old 07-20-2007, 07:26 AM

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

ORIGINAL: AnthonyTxL

I wouldn't recommend the clutch technique for someone that hasn't wheelied before.
Throttle blips while pushing down and lifting up on the forks at the power band would be the best bet for starters.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...&q=wheelie
That's outta control. That's horrible advice. It shouldn't be repeated. Under no circumstances is a power wheelie a better option to the clutch.

Learn the clutch.

Your bike will come up in first and second that I know of by using the clutch. As long as your sprockets still have all their teeth and your chain isn't flapping around - it will come up much easier with the clutch.

Actually, I'm not certain a600 will do a power wheelie (without a lot of work)... but then again it's FI so I'm guessing yes. I'm not saying it won't or can't, I just don't know. I would never attempt to do a power wheelie, haha.

Just learn it with the clutch. I don't care if you only want to do one once in a while and you have no ambitions of being a stunter. Learn the clutch wheelie and you exponentially increase your chances of not looking like a douchebag when you try to wheeliein front of people and trash your bike - looking like a fool from the start with trying to power wheelie.
+1!!!! CLUTCH THAT BITCH UP!!! F power wheelies
(this belongs in the stunting section)

I think that the reason ppl are saying to start w/ power wheelies is b/c it comes up slower to begin w/ and they're afraid that if they clutch it up they'll do it too hard and loop it. The first time you try to clutch it up you more than likely wont even raise it off the ground! It's natural to be scared so you'll do it kinda half-heartedly, but thats ok! You just keep trying and trying and eventually you'll bring it up a little. The problem w/ power wheelies is that they come up slow at first but progressivally faster and faster as the bike gets higher and higher, therefore lighter and lighter...also, you're chasing the wheelie cuz you're just using the trottle. With the clutch you can bring it up right to where you want it immidiately and keep it there, or bring it back down. It's much more controlled andalso can be done at a much much slower speed, whichI think everyone will agree is always safer. That is why I say to clutch it up.

Old 07-20-2007, 09:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With regards to wheelies - master riding the bike first... when you've mastered riding the bike the clutch control will be there to do a clutch wheelie. A power wheelie seems easier and sucks in people who just aren't ready to wheelie yet...

Power wheelies are less control. I know I used to think the opposite was true just like many of the younger riders in this thread.

The problem with a power wheelie is the only way to get them to come up is to crack the throttle and hope. She may not come up this time - next time you're going a bit slower and crack it and she comes up hard. It's not very controlled.

The clutch wheelie is almost analogous with the slow ride / friction zone less they teach in MSF. Clutch in. Get the engine making power. Control how much power you use with the clutch. IF you come up hard and panic pulling the clutch in or braking or letting off the throttle will bring it down. Meaning if you panic your most likely involuntary response will solve the problem.

With the clutch wheelie you can ease the bike onto the balance point (after getting some experience) - with the power wheelie there is no easing it up. She either snaps up or doesn't snap up. You never know what you're going to get. At least with the clutch you can control that part of it.