F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

My New F4i

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 10:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by T-Rich
I added more LEDs to my light kit that came with the bike yesterday when it gets dark out il take some more pics to share.
Pics please, may have some wiring questions for you.

Old 10-06-2011, 05:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Incompatible
Pics please, may have some wiring questions for you.

What do you need pics of bro and fire away

Old 10-06-2011, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by T-Rich
.....I added more LEDs to my light kit that came with the bike yesterday when it gets dark out il take some more pics to share.
Like to see how things came out and if it's something I'm interested in, wiring questions to follow. Thanks

Old 10-08-2011, 02:28 PM

Like to see how things came out and if it's something I'm interested in, wiring questions to follow. Thanks
ok man its really nice it came with a kit on it but alot of it was missing, the LEDs i added came from autozone. i guess i could list where all the LEDs are. i have 3 under the tail (two that run along frame and one that is above the tire about to replace/ add to that one cause its alot dimmer than the new LEDs) i have one 24" led strips on both side fairings( just ran them along the bottom of the little vents, realy lights up the engine), one that sits under the front cowl lighting up the fender, one small 6 LED thing that came with the bike on the plastic piece between the side fairings( have it aimed down so it gives a nice glow on the ground under the bike and last but not least one LED in each head light that gives a really nice eye look. after i get done replacing the under tail strip im gonna have a 28" strip left over to find somewhere to put it.

Before I added to the kit i wasn't really a big fan of LED kits but, now that its done i love it. i would strongly recommend it for a small mod to added amazing looks.

ps the pic i got isn't that great but bust i could get ( u can really tell how dim the tail is) and i found one of the head light LEDs before i got my new fairings

Attached Thumbnails My New F4i-2011-10-06-21.20.39.jpg   My New F4i-2011-09-19-20.10.32.jpg  
Old 10-08-2011, 03:48 PM
Banned

bike looks good aside from the tank lol...you can try changing sprocket size to get power quicker down low

Old 10-08-2011, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by 99NaSvT
bike looks good aside from the tank lol...you can try changing sprocket size to get power quicker down low
i would do the sprocket but i like my top end, anyone know what the top speed is on a +1 -2 is?

yeah the tank is such a eye sore, half way considering just getting some stick on carbon fiber and just wrap it in that for now.

Old 10-08-2011, 07:15 PM

Adding in the LEDs to the wiring, did you tap into the existing wires or did you run additional wires? tks

Old 10-08-2011, 07:30 PM

you got the fairings from auctmart? hows the quality? they look good in pictures but sometimes pictures lie lol. i just ordered the konica minolta kit

Old 10-08-2011, 09:35 PM
Thumbs up

Adding in the LEDs to the wiring, did you tap into the existing wires or did you run additional wires? tks
tapped into the wires that were from the old kit, the whole kit is a diy kit has a switch and a power distributor thats pretty much it the replacement LEDs just run off the 12v. My replacement for the side fairings is so bright Im going to replace the one under the tail.
The LED replacement I am using if anyone wants to know. Im giving them a big thumbs up.

Sides: Alpena/24 in. red FlexLED light (77422B) | LED Exterior Accessories | AutoZone.com

Under the tail: Alpena/28 in. red colorful LED light (77016) | LED Exterior Accessories | AutoZone.com

Im sure Ill wind up getting a pack of the 8" ones to put somewhere b4 Im done.

Originally Posted by itlnF4I
you got the fairings from auctmart? hows the quality? they look good in pictures but sometimes pictures lie lol. i just ordered the konica minolta kit
Yeah got them off ebay from lzy8600. They are really nice quality wise i have like one fairing that's a little warped but as soon as summer rolls around again should warp back to the way it should be. The paint on them is really nice, they clear coat over all the stickers. Biggest thing that sucks about the fairings is the waiting but as long as you pay fast they get here a little sooner, mine arrived a week early. It only took 4 days to ship and one of the days was Sunday. They send me a message saying if anything was wrong with them fitting or scratched or anything the would replace it, I didn't feel like waiting for a replacement for something a that will fix its self.

Last edited by T-Rich; 10-08-2011 at 09:37 PM. Reason: quote
Old 10-08-2011, 10:10 PM

sweet. im excited to get mine. idk if it will take longer though because i had to custom order it. they only have the konica minolta kit for the banana seat and i asked them to make it for the split seat. then i gotta give a few parts to my buddy to paint. hopefully having a pretty bike will stop be from being so careless on it.