F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Looking for some bright headlights

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 11:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for some bright headlights

Hey guys. I bought some Extreme xenon supper white lights for my 03 f4i. The guy told me they were bright but they aren't any brighter than the ones that were on there. Ive seen bikes that have a blueish tent bulbs that are super bright. What type of bulbs do you guys recommend? I need something bright because there are a lot of deer in my area and I want to be able to see them.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:07 AM

Hids will be much brighter than factory halogen bulbs but as for the blue tint, the more blue (or purple) color a bulb has the less light it will put out.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:17 AM

Check these out. Link. I just recently installed these and they work out great. The Halo CCFL's look sweet too

Old 04-02-2012, 12:38 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you're just looking for bright bulbs try Osram Nightbreakers. A little on the expensive side, but they really are very bright. Those xenon-look tinted glass bulbs are total bullsh* and the tint burns off pretty fast so those quality bulbs pay themselves off by lasting about twice as long as those cheap a** fake xenons (trust me, I've tried most of the ones in the market here, and always gone back to the Nightbreakers, in fact, am gonna go a set today for my citroen...

Old 04-02-2012, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by donnygeewebb
Check these out. Link. I just recently installed these and they work out great. The Halo CCFL's look sweet too
How did the install of these lights work out? Did they fit right in or did you have to modify them any to look good? Ive ben thinking about getting a set of them.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by Mattson
If you're just looking for bright bulbs try Osram Nightbreakers. A little on the expensive side, but they really are very bright. Those xenon-look tinted glass bulbs are total bullsh* and the tint burns off pretty fast so those quality bulbs pay themselves off by lasting about twice as long as those cheap a** fake xenons (trust me, I've tried most of the ones in the market here, and always gone back to the Nightbreakers, in fact, am gonna go a set today for my citroen...
Yeah I learned the hard way to. Those xenon bulbs SUCK. I will never buy another set. I feel like going and throwing them back in the guys face that sold them to me. He swore by them and made them sound like the greatest bulb ever. I should have know it wasn't true being as they were kinda cheap. Thanks for the info on the Nightbreakers. I will have to check them out.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:28 AM

I went the DDM Tuning HID kit in the 8000k temp on my 600RR. I love them, they really light up the road well. The have a slight blue tint but not extreme at all. Cant beat them for $40 for the pair. Took a few weeks to come in from China but wort the wait. Go to ddmtuning.com if your interested. Heres a pic of them on my bike.

Name:  photo5.jpg
Views: 584
Size:  24.0 KB

Old 04-02-2012, 07:30 AM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month

I love my HID's, Sorry to oncoming traffic if they are a tad bright but I can see for miles.

Name:  aqq.jpg
Views: 677
Size:  48.0 KB

Here are my HID's compared to my old Nighthawks.

Name:  aq.jpg
Views: 728
Size:  80.9 KB

Old 04-02-2012, 07:34 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015

Wish I could put HIDs on too, but sadly they are illegal here if the vehicle at hand didn't have an options for them when bought new...

Old 04-02-2012, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Mattson
Wish I could put HIDs on too, but sadly they are illegal here if the vehicle at hand didn't have an options for them when bought new...
Yea thats the case in most states. Titled Improper Equipment. Atleast it is here in Louisiana. Im a LEO and we dont mess with the HID's that much unless they are straight blue. Do they give yall trouble where your from?

Quick Reply: Looking for some bright headlights