F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Looking for some bright headlights

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 09:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

4500k (pure white) HIDs from DDMTuning is the best light upgrade option hands down. Countless positive reviews.
(some will argue too add projectors for even more focused light)

I doubt you have any problems from the boys in blue unless you catch a real @$$ on a bad day, who also happens to be very HID knowledgeble. Otherwise how would they ever know the difference? Another reason to avoid the blue tint.

You can go with the "illegal lights" with greatly improve visability and safety or you can stay stock or "xeon" and plow into that deer you never saw coming. happy monday!

Last edited by Sick97SS; 04-02-2012 at 09:56 AM.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cgrace986
Yea thats the case in most states. Titled Improper Equipment. Atleast it is here in Louisiana. Im a LEO and we dont mess with the HID's that much unless they are straight blue. Do they give yall trouble where your from?
Im LEO in NC and we don't mess with those. If we wrote a ticket for that we might get laughed at in court by the ADA. And screw worrying about "illegal" lights. If they help me see better at night and allows me to see a deer before i plow into it i will take a ticket anyway!!

Im thinking I'm going to do an HID upgrade. Now its just time to do my research and fine the best one.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:55 AM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

DDMTUNING Is probably the most popular around this forum if you don't mind a 3-week wait as they are shipped from China with a lifetime warranty.

Xentec from ebay is probably the second recommended brand and they are also shipped directly from China.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Hustlin Hussy F4I
Im LEO in NC and we don't mess with those. If we wrote a ticket for that we might get laughed at in court by the ADA. And screw worrying about "illegal" lights. If they help me see better at night and allows me to see a deer before i plow into it i will take a ticket anyway!!

Im thinking I'm going to do an HID upgrade. Now its just time to do my research and fine the best one.
Roger that bro.. Yea HID's are the way to go for sure. Look into the DDM tuning ones. I love mine and have heard nothing but positive feedback about them.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:59 AM

i have a 97 cbr 900rr, i went to local dealer and ask them, they said, either spend 140 bucks and install a hid kit with all the connections and box's, or just install these PIEAAs and be done with them, on low beam its a little brighter than stock, but it has a purplish tint, on high beam its about 25 to 30 % brighter, stock is 45w and 65w, these are 65w low, and 100w high, costed me about 50 bucks each, and it went in, in about 10 mins, nothing to connect except factory plugs, done !

Old 04-02-2012, 11:41 AM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevor Bredereck
i have a 97 cbr 900rr, i went to local dealer and ask them, they said, either spend 140 bucks and install a hid kit with all the connections and box's, or just install these PIEAAs and be done with them, on low beam its a little brighter than stock, but it has a purplish tint, on high beam its about 25 to 30 % brighter, stock is 45w and 65w, these are 65w low, and 100w high, costed me about 50 bucks each, and it went in, in about 10 mins, nothing to connect except factory plugs, done !
Good for that salesman for making a sale lol.
You could have got HID's for less and had more useable light output and less power consumption just to let you know.
Just hope you don't melt any connections with those PIAA's, Since you added double the current to the system to get an extra 20% of light output.
For $40 plus shipping http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DD...ast-35W-or-55W you could have got the full kit with all the connections, ballasts and bulbs and had 300% light output.
I will admit they do take longer then 10mins, Maybe 20-30mins to install but the difference is turning night into day

Old 04-02-2012, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by jeffjones
Good for that salesman for making a sale lol.
.....the difference is turning night into day
+1...couldnt have said it better lol

Old 04-02-2012, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Hustlin Hussy F4I
How did the install of these lights work out? Did they fit right in or did you have to modify them any to look good? Ive ben thinking about getting a set of them.
The install was a piece of cake. Fit perfect! I recommend them to anyone who like the CCFL halo look as well. They look so frigin sweet.

Name:  2012-03-29_22-10-17_142.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  98.3 KB

Name:  yes.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  103.2 KB

Name:  ohyes.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  54.8 KB

Old 04-03-2012, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by jeffjones
the difference is turning night into day
Agreed. I was very skeptical about my DDM Tuning purchase at first because I was pretty worried about blinding other drivers or riders. I did find out though that you are able to adjust the angle at which your headlight aims at with the simple turn of a screwdriver! No fairing or plastic removal necessary.

I currently have a 35W, 6000k HID kit from DDM Tuning on my bike and it truly does make a HUGE difference when riding at night. Took about an hour to install for me (not handy at all, and dropped one of the screws into my fairings ) All the signs and reflective items on the side of the road are lit up. High beam, you can pretty much see everything.

The 6000K color on their 35W kit is a white with a SLIGHT blueish tint on the road, but shows up blue with pictures. I will post one up when I get back home to my desktop computer. Highly recommend this kit.

Old 04-04-2012, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by kevin...who?
Agreed. I was very skeptical about my DDM Tuning purchase at first because I was pretty worried about blinding other drivers or riders. I did find out though that you are able to adjust the angle at which your headlight aims at with the simple turn of a screwdriver! No fairing or plastic removal necessary.

I currently have a 35W, 6000k HID kit from DDM Tuning on my bike and it truly does make a HUGE difference when riding at night. Took about an hour to install for me (not handy at all, and dropped one of the screws into my fairings ) All the signs and reflective items on the side of the road are lit up. High beam, you can pretty much see everything.

The 6000K color on their 35W kit is a white with a SLIGHT blueish tint on the road, but shows up blue with pictures. I will post one up when I get back home to my desktop computer. Highly recommend this kit.
Sweet! thanks for the info. It helped out a lot. I think I'm going to go with the DDM lights. I would love to see a picture when you get a chance.

Quick Reply: Looking for some bright headlights