F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Looking for some bright headlights

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 11:11 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by csimkalo
If your headlights are adjusted correctly they shouldn't be blinding on coming traffic. And I for one live in a heavily wooded isolated area of Oregon and would much rather see what's about to jump in the road in front of me
Yeah, and I live in the lake-area of Finland which is very similiar in landscape to Oregon, elks, deers and all, with the exeption that there is a lot of lakes creating morning mist where I commute. HIDs and projectors blind oncoming, even when properly adjusted IMO, especially when there seems to be a rising trend here to switch back to highs half a second BEFORE the pass has been fully carried out. It`s EXTREMELY annoying when added the fact that I cannot see very well in the dark, and I have actually developed a skill to spot the "flashers" out just by judging their behaviour when changing to lows when they come at you. It works at most of the cases and I am prepared for it by tilting my head away from them and placing my hands onto the horn and the high beam switch a second before the rendezvous to answer back at them when on car, or flick a finger at them when riding a bike...