F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Just raced an RR on an F4i

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 07:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just raced an RR on an F4i

I'm cruising down the freeway about 80mph, wearing tattered shorts, a tee-shirt and my backpack when I look in the mirror and see another red bike speeding up to me. I smiled in my helmet, dumped a gear and pinned it. He had momentum on me so he was able to pass, but I was at his speed when he did so I fell in behind him and kept it pinned. We were on a straight patch of highway but there was a curve coming. We were over 150 when it came time to lean...the guy checked up. Weenie...

"Motherfu...!" I yelled as I was forced to straighten up andlet off to keep from hitting the guy. He weaved a bit then settled into the turn. He had on his Power Ranger jacket and I could see his USAF tag on the fender. This town is full of servicemen who just got their first bike. Ishould have known he would let offfor a turn.

"Damn dookies," I said and dropped a bare knee, cranked the bike and resumed my 150 mph through the turn. He slowed as the turn increased. He started to glance back as I started to pass, but he bobbled and was forced to let off even more. As my front wheel passed his, I let off and fell in behind him again. I had passed my exit so I followed him off the highway and waved as I passed at him 90.

"See you later straight liner. The race is won in the curves."

He was on a brand new RR. I'm not sure of the displacement, but it looked like a 1000. Any fool can go straight...

anywhoo...F4's can run with RRs. Especially if you are comfortable with a turn. Toodles my brothers and sisters. Keep the black side down.

Old 09-01-2007, 07:30 PM
Default RE: Just raced an RR on an F4i

If that was serious, the flaming that is sure to ensue will be enjoyable.

Old 09-01-2007, 07:34 PM

I am certainly not trying to start a war with the RRs...I wish I had one. I just wanted to let someone know it ain't all about the bike...whoever needed to know that.

Still, if you're out there riding and you decide to buzz someone, don't check up in front of them at 150.

Old 09-01-2007, 07:42 PM

It's not a war of bikes you have entered. It's a war of riding styles. T-shirt, shorts, and 150mph equals bad juju. BTW, what is a Power Ranger jacket? Is that the protection you should have been wearing or a reference to something else?

Old 09-01-2007, 07:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone that thinks the F4i is a slouch is sadly mistaken, it's a fine bike and Barely short of the RR in performance. With a slightly better rider it'll eat the RR for lunch in the twistys.

Old 09-01-2007, 08:04 PM

150 in a turn..smells like bull**** in here

Old 09-01-2007, 08:25 PM

ORIGINAL: MotoGPRacer

150 in a turn..smells like bull**** in here
I didn't read the whole post, could be a looooooooooong sweeping turn...zzoo00mm

Old 09-01-2007, 08:29 PM

deashwish anyone?

Old 09-01-2007, 08:35 PM

150 MPH in a turn eh? Amazing considering thats about the run-out of the bike in stock gearing (that means with a rider on it you'd be hard pressed to even go that fast). I've got a full exhaust, powercommander, intake work, and gearing and it takes a while to get to 150. Oh yeah I've also got a calibrated speedo corrector. Without one you can be off by up to 15 or 20% in your indicated speed (the speedo always reads high). I'm guessing you don't have one.

I really hate you clowns running around the streets in your shorts and t-shirts. Its just plain stupid. I feel like pulling up next to you people and thanking you for my high insurance rates. Even with a clean driving record insurance has to take from me to pay for your hospital bills. I ride both track and street and I will tell you that even a low speed get-off hurts in full gear.

You saying you dropped a bare knee toward the ground is a testament to your own lack of experience. Give me your address I'll send you a used acylic knee puck. You can look at it and wonder what pavement would do to your knee at 150MPH. I personally wouldn't know beecause even racing I don't think I've ever cornered that fast, myself or Nicky Hayden either for that matter.

But a speedo healer I think you will be pleasantly disappointed with the speeds you are really doing.

AND FOR THE LOVE OF PETE WEAR YOUR ****ING EQUIPMENT STUPID!!!!!

Old 09-01-2007, 08:47 PM

I think the dork do0d is just playing troll

Quick Reply: Just raced an RR on an F4i