F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

How do I replace my low beam?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 08:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I replace my low beam?

My low beam headlight is out and I want to replace it. Is it a simple, unscrew and replace? Or do I have to remove some of the plastic? Sorry if this is a stupid question, search only yields topics regarding HIDs and both lights on at the same time...

Also, which beam? H7?

Old 11-18-2008, 08:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How do I replace my low beam?

I see this,

Take out the stock bulbs. To do this, you have to remove the air intake duct covers on both sides of the bike. It isn't necessary to remove the fairings (at least it wasn't for me), but it does make the whole job a little easier. When you get the duct covers off, pull off the rubber water/dust cover on the headlamp. It's kind of attached to the light fixture, so you can only pull it back off just a little bit (for now). After that, you'll see a metal tensioner that holds the bulb and part of the light fixture in place. To disconnect it, push in on the left side of the lower tensioner and push up that will release it. After that, you pretty much just have to wiggle it until the whole thing comes out.
from another thread which helps, how do I remove the intake duct?

Old 11-18-2008, 08:58 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: How do I replace my low beam?

It's easier if you take the gray ram air tube cover off, which is only 2 hex screws (one going in the tank, and the other going in the front cowl), then that just pops off after you push it off the little stud on the fairing. But you don't have to take it off, just makes it easier. Then just unplug it, remove the rubber ring cover thingy, unlock the little clip and remove bulb. Dont' forget to transfer the little black connector thing that's plugged onto the bulb itself... that goes onto the new bulb