F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

How to change handle bar weight? And you have one for sale?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 06:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to change handle bar weight? And you have one for sale?

Ok so long story short. Putting on bar ends the weight split in half. So half of the bar weight is inside of the handlebar. I can still get to it with a threaded bolt so i more than likely can spray some wd40 and pull that sucker out, but getting a new one and putting it in i think may be a issue. Anyone have one for sale and know the best way to slide that pain in the A** in?

Old 02-16-2012, 05:07 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jondecker83
Ok so long story short. Putting on bar ends the weight split in half. So half of the bar weight is inside of the handlebar. I can still get to it with a threaded bolt so i more than likely can spray some wd40 and pull that sucker out, but getting a new one and putting it in i think may be a issue. Anyone have one for sale and know the best way to slide that pain in the A** in?

Almost that simple.

You need to remove the grip (and throttle tube if it is the RHS handlebar weight). A few inches from the end of the bar is a small hole, into that hole is a metal tab that has been bent up from the inside when the inner weight was installed. To remove the weight you need to bend that tab back into the handlebar. At that point it is only held in place by a rubber bung and can be worked out.

New ones are quite easy to find, order from Honda, buy online, even eBay (In the UK at least) has them for sale.

Install is the reverse of what you have just done, push it in, line it up and bend the tab into the retainer hole.